Set columns as required to be filled

I understand @vdwest03, workarounds aren’t always the ideal solution, I was just trying to offer something temporarily in the case that this was an urgently required solution.

I love to work smarter but if you step back and look at this specific situation, we’re just 2 customers in an ecosystem of +150,000. I would imagine at least half of mondays customers, probably more, are also asking for new/“missing” features, all for a popular software in live development with millions of moving parts. I think we need to taper our expectations to what’s realistic. I would argue its smarter in this case to utilize a workaround where possible, especially if the alternative is waiting around for a large corporation to implement a feature that isn’t critical to the function of most subscribers.

No software is going to be perfect or all encompassing and workarounds will always exist, unless you are spending tens to hundreds of thousands per year and have dedicated development. With that being said, lets dial in on the feature request and how it can be improved.

Original Request
Mandatory Fields - This by itself is not specific enough nor realistic as its essentially asking for multiple new features/reworks to existing structures to be implemented. The most efficient request would be the inclusion of more column types into the Form View. The Form View already has a “Required” option in terms of item creation and the framework already exist for adding them so that would be the quickest and simplest in terms of Feature Request via this community. I would suggest searching this Community first to make sure it hasn’t already been requested, or there is already a popular Form View Feedback post with more votes and constructive activity where I was actually speaking directly with some of the monday team on new Form features. If you check out that post, you will see we actually made some headway and new feature were added recently to Forms! If you do post in there, If I may suggest make sure to provide detailed Uses Case info and the specific columns you need to work in the Form View.

Not sure if you saw in my first reply but there is also this app which lets you control Workflow steps and has required columns.

The monday Marketplace is intended for this exact purpose, to allow developers to fill the gaps on features or niche request. Also some apps on there have eventually become full features.

Other than that I would reach back out to Syscor regarding either customer API development or if they have better way to request features from monday directly.

Hope this helps!