Set current year with specific date

How can I set current year with specific date of past years in column? Or are there formulas to match this?
I tried to customize and choose “Show Current Year” but it works for current date only.
For example: I would like to let 01/03/2019 in DOB column show 01/03/2023 in Birthday notification column.

It would be much appreciated if you could help me.

Thank you so much

Hey @Lenzie!

Would you following automations better assist you in managing birthday’s each year?

This way each yer the date will be pushed to the following year!

Let me know what you think :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi BiancaT,

Thank you for your quick reply.
I’ll try it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello, I’m pretty new to Monday.com but I have the same issue with Birthday and Anniversary notifications. My question is about the first automation listed. Is Next Year a completely different board or group that the birth date is moved to?

Hello @lsechrest ,

Welcome to the monday community! :muscle:

Next Year is most likely a group here. :slight_smile:

Best,
Giannis, Implementation Consultant at thespelas.com

2 Likes

Hey Linda!

Next Year is a group in this scenario (especially if you’d like to centralise everything in on place) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Lenzie just jumping here on this- if you write the automation this way, you will run into some trouble next year with the leap year and everything.

Instead of doing 365 days- do 12 months! That will stop leap years from having an impact. :smile:

2 Likes

Here is update formula:
DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH({DOB}),DAY({DOB}))

I use above formula to update the clients’ birthday into current year and it works!
However I still cannot set automations from formula column for reminding. Hope it will be available soon.

Hi,

Thank you for your suggestion :slight_smile: