Sorting groups alphabetically - is this feature available yet?

Sorting groups alphabetically - is this feature available yet? Seems like something that you should be able to do but I am unable to find how to not sort these manually.

3 Likes

Hey @heathercliff,

I am afraid this feature isn’t supported in the platform as of yet. We recognize that this is a highly requested feature, so will be sure to follow up with our product team about this. Once I hear back, I can happily respond here.

Thanks for your patience!

This would be a very helpful feature! We have a lot of folders and it’s a pain to constantly make adjustments when we add new ones.

I completely understand! We’ve heard back from our product team, and in full transparency, this particular feature isn’t currently on our immediate roadmap, however as mentioned, the team is certainly aware of this request, and hope to investigate a potential roll-out early to mid next year - thanks for your understanding in advance :pray:

1 Like

Hi Bianca! Checking in to see if there is any update on this potential feature. Thanks!

1 Like

Hey Chris!

I am afraid I don’t have any new updates at this stage. I will continue to update this thread when new information is shared with us :raised_hands:

1 Like

Alphabetical orgination of groups by automation should be a basic feature, and it would help many users.

1 Like

Hey Kelly - alphabetical sorting of groups is something our team hopes to tackle next year. In regard to your reference to automations, are you interested in alphabetical sorting automatically when an item is created in that group? :blush:

+1 vote on this, I like that groups can be manually arranged, but on boards with like 30 groups and you want them alphabetically sorted, it should be 1 button click away. Super basic

This is simply incredible that such a smple feature isn’t implemented…

The more I discover Monday the more I regret , the limitations in calculations, the sortation limitations etc… I start to regret putting so much effort in a tool like Monday…

I will check export and see if I can find something that actually “Works”

Hi Bianca, Ability to Sort Groups (not referring to sorting items within a group) is a basic, yet much needed feature for our teams. How can we help to prioritize this feature?

1 Like

Hi all,
if you still need to sort groups Alphabetically, you can have a try to Groups manager app
https://monday.com/marketplace/10000359

It allows to reorder groups, sort, bulk delete or archive groups.

I hope it will helps you all.

Vincent

We just dropped an update of Groups Manager that will give you the info about empty groups (groups without any item) and bulk actions to archive/delete these.

Give it a try here : https://monday.com/marketplace/10000359