Subitems under Subitems (further subitem hierarchy)

As a user, I would appreciate the ability to indent pulse titles to give the appearance of sub-tasks or sub-sets (or sub tasks).

Currently, pulses are limited to one level which is restrictive.

15 Likes

The redirected link you posted ā€œto the primary thread (most voted) here - Subtasks/subitems (indented hierarchy list) - #136 by CraigPMillerā€ is a dead end. Not to sound dramatic but it seems incredible that one cannot create unlimited subitems under subitems ā€¦seems rudimentary to a dedicated project management platform. Deal breaker actually.

My sincerest apologies for the confusion caused here! We recently merged all existing topics into this one instead - I will go ahead and remove my comment to avoid future confusion - thank you for bringing this to my attention! As for the feature request, we hear you and encourage all to continue voting on this request to increase the likelihood of future development :pray:

To solve this issue you can leverage mind mapping integration on monday.

Letā€™s say you have a big task like executing a marketing plan.

• You can break down this goal(subitem) into long term and short term goals,
  • And then you can divide further(subitem under subitem) into daily, weekly, monthly, etc.

You can see the implementation here

Do let us know if you need a demo.

Was trying to create subitems of a subitem, but realize this is not possible. Cannot believe only one layer is allowed. Please add more layers.

1 Like

I dont understand why a subitem doesnā€™t keep the same column names as the parent item.

Hey Mel! I think the different column names are to limit confusion when setting up workflows. In particular, for when you choose columns for an automation recipe by the column name. Does this help clarify a bit? :blush:

Hmmm No I dont think I understand what you meanā€¦can you please clarify?

Hi, I will apreciate this feature too!
One more subitem level (at least) please!!

This would totally solve my issue of using checklists. I now have a check list in an update, but when that is completed, I canā€™t use an automate to set some status or create a new subitem.

Having an updat when checklist completed (having a completed checkmark and the text x/x done), would solve my issue as well, but in general multilevel subitems would be a great addition. I would think up uses for that, if it was possible.

Yes, I would love this feature, as well! Several layers added, please!!

1 Like

Is there anything even on the horizon for more levels of sub items? Or some means of adding subtasks?

We are a construction company that has over 200 projects and 20 brands. We use grouping for our brands, items for our projects and subitems for our phases, but this is just not enough. We need another level of hierarchy for job individual tasks as subtasks or (sub)subitems. I realize you can use checklists in updates but thereā€™s no way to assign them and have them show up in our different coordinators ā€œMY WORKā€ section.

Airtable is getting closed to offering this with their new list view as well as ClickUp new redesign and focus on task customization so I might have to finally consider a switch. But I hope not because my company loves Mondayā€™s UX.

1 Like

Hey Kendallā€¦
Weā€™re working on a monday.com app that allows for data model creation ( like airtable ) and a nested list. Would you like to explore if this might be a good fit?

And a way to filter the sub items and sub of sub items :slight_smile:

2 Likes

sure that would be great!

Sub items are great.
I want the ability to add sub sub-items. And sub sub items etc.
Eg,
(1) I have a client requirement which is my item.
(2) This requirement may have 10 individual tasks; which are my sub-items.
(3) Each task may then have several smaller tasks, which may need to be done by different people
etc.

Iā€™m struggling to find a sensible way to do this in my Ā£2000 teams license.
And I do not want to create a new board for each Item.

This needs a minor product update.
Any user suggestions?

1 Like

I would also LOVE the option to have sub subitems! I would rather work on one large board then have a bunch of different boards for the same project

This is such an obvious change and basic feature that I guess Monday are busy ('ish?) developing fringe use cases / nice to haves and not focusing on the core product.
I canā€™t imagine a good developer couldnā€™t do this in a day or three at most.

I sometimes cannot believe how limited the monday.com app is. Please implement this sub-sub item feature, it is really necessary and has been requested already quite some time ago as you can see. Thanks for your assistance!

1 Like