Next Sub-Task Roll Up

Hello friends!

I have been searching and searching for a solution to this problem and I keep coming up dry. Does any one know of a way to have the next incomplete subitem roll up to the parent item?

In my use case I have a series of videos I’m trying to track, in order to keep my views clean I have elected to have each video be an item and have all the steps to complete that item as subitems. I would love to be able to have it where the top most incomplete subitem roll up to the parent item so i can have a high level view of what’s next for these projects without having to open each parent item.

Has anyone tried to do this before?

My board set up:

Hey Jordan,

I really like this idea however I am afraid this functionality isn’t currently supported natively - I apologise for the setback here and will certainly relay this internally with our team.

I am sure you are across this however as a workaround to better track those incomplete subitems, you can utilise our filters and perhaps set up a view specific to those incomplete subitems? That said, it will still bring up the parent item however you shouldn’t have to open the parent item up to view the subitems, they should automatically open.

I hope this helps in some way - sorry for the limitation!