Subitems with formulas and moving to new boards

Conceptually this is easy. I create an item in a board and that item has roughly 10 sub items.

The sub items have 4 columns.
-stock
-total cost
-quantity

• checkbox

The stock is a hardcoded value being setup from the automation when this item gets created on the board.

The total cost is a formula that uses the quantity and the checkbox to determine an actual budget cost that once all 10 subitems get their values the total cost sum is mirrored to the parent column.

Now, all that works fine. The formula does its job perfectly. Here is where the issue lays. When I change a status for this item it then gets moved to a new board. The new board is getting the item correctly. It’s creating the subitems correctly and all the columns in the item that is getting moved are all correct but the formula for the subitem column “total cost” does not come through.

Has anyone run into this?

Hey Jason,

Would you be happy to share a screenshot of the item and subitem set up, just so I can understand what might be happening here? Additionally, to clarify, in the destination board are you creating a new item or is that original item being moved to the destination board? Thanks for your help!