Take team members vacations into account

Hi,
If I enter vacations per member in a dedicated board (or anywhere for that matter) can it be reflected in other boards? Meaning that assigning a task to this member will take longer time since they’re OOO.

Thanks

3 Likes

Hey Eran,

At this time the platform does not know what is being assign on other boards or the ability to have “black out days” for team members. That said we are working on those capabilities little by little, have you seen the following features:

Out of the office option in the Profile section:

Or Workload Widget

Let me know what you think.

1 Like

Hi @bradley !
Workload is a fantastic tool. It has completely transformed the way I plan my teams. But how can I take into account the days of presence or holidays of my teams?

Do you have a tip?

1 Like

nothing as of yet - we are looking to add the ability to “black out dates”

4 Likes

Hi! I was wondering if there had been any movement on this particular feature? I’ve tried all of the suggetions using the widget, workload planning, OOO notifications, etc. I can change the available hours for a team member for their entire availability, but not for a specific week or day. Thanks!

1 Like

Also very interested in this feature! Any progress?

2 Likes

Also very interested in this. We love the workload widget. My only idea now is to create a vacation board and integrate the hours that way. Ideal would be the ability to block specific days.

Hi @mspacman, @jenstratton, @bs-llc-company and everyone else!

I’m afraid we don’t currently have any specific updates at this time regarding this.
I do see that our team is considering this for future releases, but there is no ETA at present.

There is somewhat of a workaround which you might like to try in the meantime.
It requires creating a PTO board to track your teams vacation days.
You can then connect the PTO board of hours requested to the workload widget where the hours are combined with work hours as if they are also “work hours.” That way, it counts towards the max capacity.

I can definitely appreciate how this would be a useful addition to the platform for yourself, and I’m sure for other teams too, so I would highly recommend opening a thread in our Feature Request section.
Here other users who would also like this added to the platform will be able to upvote the feature!
You can find this here: Submit an Idea - monday Community Forum

Best,
Dani

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.