Time Tracking Automation

Hi,

It will be better if we can have an automation for time-tracking. For eg., if I select the status of the project as ‘Working’, the timer should start automatically. It’s quite natural for the team member to forget to click on time tracking button every time especially if someone is working on multiple projects.

Rajesh

4 Likes

Cminds,

That’s a great suggestion, I’d push it a bit further into having some parameters, so when the ‘Working’ status is on the timers automatically stops after a certain amount of minutes. When the timer stops a pop up message appears for the user that says something like ‘Are you still working on this project? Yes, No’ if ‘Yes’ it continues to tick for another certain amount of time and then the question reappears every certain amount of time, if the user forgets or walks away, it’ll simply stop due to the parameters set in the automation.

Alex

6 Likes

Alex,
Yes. I totally agree with your suggestion. In addition, it will be great if the timer stops automatically once the user logs out.

Rajesh

3 Likes

HA! That’s an awesome suggestion Rajesh :D!

2 Likes

@cmindsand and @alejencia I agree with all of the above, but would add that just because I accidently close the window, doesn’t mean I stopped working on the item. The are you sure you want to close this tab type warning would be very cool here, and common with time-tracking tools within applications such as this (awesome) one.
Another idea would be to provide an alert to the user in their inbox that time tracking was stopped and they may want to address it.

There should be some kind of popup for the timer when it clearly is still running when it should have been turned off. Like make after an hour/ 5 / 10…anything so I don’t open my board and see that I have spent 167 hours on a task

4 Likes

Perhaps … if no shut off based on some frequency - with a pop-up (are you still working on this?) the timer could shut off when the browser is closed? Followed up with a notification in your inbox that says this task timer was shut off by Monday?

Hello! I want a function where I can set a value for how long I should work with a task and have a start / stop timer that somehow notifies me when it reaches the specified value. A countdown timer simply

funny enough - realized 235 days later (May 2020) that a timer on one of my boards was still running. :frowning_with_open_mouth:

2 Likes

This is really Hilarious

1 Like

Hi all! We sincerely apologise for the delay in updating this thread. We certainly pay attention to your feedback, and have been working through a backlog as we work on a new process to attend to our feature requests - your understanding is greatly appreciated :pray:

That said, we can confirm this functionality is now supported in our automations:

Hello Bianca, thanks for this update. However, I noticed that the when the Time Tracker is triggered via automation, the time is registered to the creator of Time Tracker automation, not the member who triggered the automation. Is there a way to connect it to the member who triggered it and not the creator? Thanks.

1 Like

This is a the issue that I am facing, as I have created the automation it says that I have done all the hours and not the member who triggered the automation! Cannot even amend the timetracking session by assigning the member. Would be great to see if this is something that can be fixed (and to fix all previous time tracking so it’s not me)

Hello! Monday support contacted me and we found the solution for this :smile:

The important condition to note here is that Time Tracking sessions will only be tagged to the creator of that Time Tracker Automation.

So what I tested with my team is that each member has to setup their own Time Tracker Automation so that the time is tagged to each of them.

We used this recipe:

It worked for us and our time is tagged properly. :+1:

2 Likes

That’s great, that works!! Thank you for your help! :smiley:

1 Like

Is it still the case that each team member needs to set up their own time tracker automation so it is tagged to them? We are setting up a template for a repeat process and would like to make sure that each person that changes the status has their time tracked vs the creator of the automation. Thanks.

Is there a way to start the timer in a task and then it is automated when the person then starts a timer in another task, that the previous timer stops? Since Monday.com can log this information, it should be able to do this correct?

Hey @TatyanaG,

My sincerest apologies for missing your question! I am glad support was able to point you in the right direction :pray:

@cmohrmann this is still the case :+1:

@ragdavis3008 to clarify, you’d essentially like to set dependencies between items so that once a task has been completed in the dependent item, the timer stops and the next tasks timer begins?

If so, can I ask if this recipe flow could work for you?

Firstly start with a dependency automation based on the change of status in each item:

Next set up your time-tracking automation to start/stop the timer based upon the above statuses:

Could something like this work for you?

Hi everyone!
Have you ever faced the problem of tracking the team effectiveness? It’s a popular request on the web pages. I would like to share a great news with you to make the workflow process even more convenient :star_struck:

Our team has presented Time in Status add-on which helps to track time the issue has spent in each workflow status easily. So you can monitor how fast the issue moves between statuses. Great, isn’t it?
You’ll get user-friendly data on the board in a few seconds.

You can try it on the Monday Marketplace and share your experience with us.
Hope you find this add-on helpful.