Time Tracking Automation

Hi,

It will be better if we can have an automation for time-tracking. For eg., if I select the status of the project as ‘Working’, the timer should start automatically. It’s quite natural for the team member to forget to click on time tracking button every time especially if someone is working on multiple projects.

Rajesh

4 Likes

Cminds,

That’s a great suggestion, I’d push it a bit further into having some parameters, so when the ‘Working’ status is on the timers automatically stops after a certain amount of minutes. When the timer stops a pop up message appears for the user that says something like ‘Are you still working on this project? Yes, No’ if ‘Yes’ it continues to tick for another certain amount of time and then the question reappears every certain amount of time, if the user forgets or walks away, it’ll simply stop due to the parameters set in the automation.

Alex

4 Likes

Alex,
Yes. I totally agree with your suggestion. In addition, it will be great if the timer stops automatically once the user logs out.

Rajesh

2 Likes

HA! That’s an awesome suggestion Rajesh :D!

2 Likes

@cmindsand and @alejencia I agree with all of the above, but would add that just because I accidently close the window, doesn’t mean I stopped working on the item. The are you sure you want to close this tab type warning would be very cool here, and common with time-tracking tools within applications such as this (awesome) one.
Another idea would be to provide an alert to the user in their inbox that time tracking was stopped and they may want to address it.

There should be some kind of popup for the timer when it clearly is still running when it should have been turned off. Like make after an hour/ 5 / 10…anything so I don’t open my board and see that I have spent 167 hours on a task

3 Likes

Perhaps … if no shut off based on some frequency - with a pop-up (are you still working on this?) the timer could shut off when the browser is closed? Followed up with a notification in your inbox that says this task timer was shut off by Monday?