Time-tracking > integromat > google-calendar integration

We need to have a better control on time reports, so we found a workaround using integromat.

I set up a scenario where once a day integromat searches for elements by time tracking column, filters the time entries of the day before, and creates corresponding google calendar events.

In this way, activity reports are neatly displayed in google calendar, with direct link to corresponding pulse in description:

I know the scenario is a little bit convoluted, and I’m sure it can be improved in a number of ways, but the results are really fine fo our use case.

Caveat: it works for only one board and you have to set up google calendars for every users.

Thanks in advance, I will be happy to share details if needed.

Hi @peppinob!

This is amazing! I’m so glad to hear that it seems to be working for your team.

Regarding the limitations you’ve identified, what if you added in another module that can list a predefined number of boards in your account? I believe it would be the very first module in the scenario. Could something like this work?

When you say you have to set up a Google Calendar for every user, do you mean that a new calendar is created? Would love to learn more here!

Thanks,
Helen

Hi @Helen ,

Regarding the limitations you’ve identified, what if you added in another module that can list a predefined number of boards in your account? I believe it would be the very first module in the scenario. Could something like this work?

I think it would work, we just don’t need right now to connect more than one board.

When you say you have to set up a Google Calendar for every user, do you mean that a new calendar is created? Would love to learn more here!

Yes we created a calendar for every user, so you get a nice interface on Google Calendar where you can turn on/off every user for better visibility:

1 Like

Amazing! I can see how useful this would be for many of our users.

Thanks for posting!

1 Like

Hello! @peppinob
We are very interested to implement your solution to our workflow, it looks amazing!
Could you please share with us more details, we would be happy to discuss. Is there a way to contact you personally by email, or messenger?
Thanks a lot!

1 Like

This is a nice workaround (though indeed unnecessarily convoluted)

I’m curious if anyone has any ideas for doing something like this, but in reverse. I’d like to be able to take events created in Google calendar and sync them into a board for data processing (mostly time tracking). The problem is that there’s no good way of storing a chunk of time (specifically hours, not days) in any Monday columns.
[if we could get start-end times in date column or hourly granularity in timeline column then this would (well, should) be easy-peasy]

@everyone
@CSG @CXS

@eskufca you can make the reverse by watching calendar events and creating/mutating values in your target board.

A small example with two date columns (starting date/ending date):

date columns can include time

you can then compute the lenght with a formula (in mdc or integromat)

For timetracking column, as far as i know, we are still not able to mutate the column, but I admit I didn’t test it myself.