Timesheet input - spreadsheet for hours

I am currently using a spreadsheet for the timesheets for over 30 volunteers. Its very manual and ideally i would like to have a form that they could enter themselves or their own monday login but as a charity none of the above is going to happen! So i need to build it in if possible - i have tried to attach an example of what the spreadsheet columns look like - is this something that can be done?

I have tried entering them as subitems but its going to get big and difficult to view quite quickly and I tried to enter it exactly as is and that was huge!

Any ideas?

1 Like

@nicolawilson,

I think your idea of putting the data in subitems will work. Have each item be a person and the subitems be the time tracking data. I would suggest creating a view filtered so that your users only see their own items. You invite everyone to the board as guests. They will be able to have access to the board and you won’t have to use any of your users. Guests don’t count, and can be used for all users with email addresses that are different than your domain.

Let me know if you would like help on how all this would work. Happy to help.

Jim - The Monday Man

Hi @nicolawilson :wave:

It look like this post here Timesheet input - spreadsheet for hours - #2 by JCorrell might have answered your question, is that correct?

If so, please don’t forget to mark it as the solution so other users can easily find it, and to close this thread :slightly_smiling_face:
If not, feel free to ask any additional questions you have!

Best,
Dani

Hello, this is chaymaa, i work for SpreadsheetWeb which is A No-Code Platform for Excel Users and monday.com integration partner , I believe if you work with our platform, you can build the form that your volunteers can enter themselves, easily and without coding. Your application can then be easily integrated into your business’s workflow in monday.com to be used in the collection and aggregation of timesheet data. For more information, Check out this blog article : Create Timesheet Applications from Excel Spreadsheets on monday.com

Hey @nicolawilson :wave:

It looks like you have two possible solutions from @JCorrell and @chaymaamrabet -

If it helps, I also want to mention that you can also use a combination of The Hour Column and The Formula Column to help calculate the start/end time Using the HOUR_DIFF() function!

If you still need to see how much Extra time they’re using past 7 hours and 45 minutes, then the formula will need to be a bit more complicated:

IF(MINUS(DIVIDE(MINUS(RIGHT({Out},2)+(({Out}-{In})*60), RIGHT({In},2)),60), 7.75)<0, "00:00", ROUNDDOWN(MINUS(DIVIDE(MINUS(RIGHT({Out},2)+(({Out}-{In})*60), RIGHT({In},2)),60), 7.75),0) & ":" & ROUND(MULTIPLY(MINUS(MINUS(DIVIDE(MINUS(RIGHT({Out},2)+(({Out}-{In})*60), RIGHT({In},2)),60), 7.75), ROUNDDOWN(MINUS(DIVIDE(MINUS(RIGHT({Out},2)+(({Out}-{In})*60), RIGHT({In},2)),60), 7.75),0)),60),0))

Additionally, you may find some helpful information in one of our formula support articles:

Remember to mark the relevant response as the solution if this answers your question! This will help future readers quickly find the answer as well :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Jenna

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.