Top-level usage across work + personal vs. single company or client

Hello.

How do you use Monday.com for life - I’ll explain.

Most ‘how to’ and tutorial and content is about a feature or a tool or a specific need; I find there’s almost nothing to address how tools are used for human needs.

For example:
How to I know what to work on today? (Not just within a project, because you have to pick a project. And, not just for work because maybe you need to work on something personal today…)

How do you manage tasks with within a project (lots of info on this) but also manage across projects? IOW, how do you manage YOU and use Monday.com to do it, vs. how do you use a feature?

My challenges are managing ACROSS projects and managing my DAY and my SELF. Most resources seem to focus on managing within a project or client. I know there are workspaces, but nothing about how to work across both of them? It’s a divider, but what are the protocols or workflows for managing, or is this just left to users to work out?

Making sense? Like real-world, ‘how does this improve your life’ usage, vs. features.

Thanks - hopefully not too ranty; I really do want a solution. Thanks.

Dashboards are able to connect across workspaces, and you can filter widgets by “due today” or “Due within” or status labels like “Working On It”

Though your answer may not lie within monday.com. You may find it most effective to use an external program in tandem, or you may use monday, or you may use a physical paper list. It really does depend. But for across all of monday specifically, dashboards are the way to go.

Hope this helps!

And, pro tip, don’t follow a system that works for everyone else. Follow a system that works for you.

Hi @dansullivan ,

I find the My Work view incredibly helpful for managing my day/week. It combines your tasks from across all projects into one board and consolidates them based on specified dates (Overdue, Due Today, Due This Week, etc.)
Here is some documentation from Monday on the My Work view.

Roger that - this looks like what I need. I may still use something external at the day/hour level but that’s OK. Thank you!

2 Likes

Thank you! I think I will probably use another tool for the micro-planning kind of thing but a dashboard (with some experience) should filter out the bulk of ‘not today’. Thanks

1 Like