Trying To Understand The Extent To Which I Can Integrate Emails

Hi All,

Just getting started with Monday and am trying to figure out the best way to manage it. I work as a kind of liaison/project manager between my organization and various architectural firms. I am using Monday to try to introduce some structure and accountability to a process that has gotten too cumbersome to manage in the absence of some collaborative solutions.

I communicate with my architectural partners primarily via e-mail. We exchange drawings, concepts, ideas, comments, and redlines multiple times throughout the course of any given project or task. I know that I can copy the address of a board in an email, and it will add that subject line as a new task, which is great. However, what I’m wondering is, is there a way to continue to assign emails pertaining to that task to the task itself as notes, or anything else? I was hoping to be able to have a quick, dashboard level view of a task and any of the exchanges associated with it without having to manually copy those exchanges (be it text, pdf attachments, etc) into Monday as that seems duplicative.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Maybe a start:

So, I’ve been messing around with that and it appears as though you need an additional $265/yr subscription to integrate w/Outlook? That’s going to be hard to justify unless it does exactly what I need it to do. So, that was my question. Can I automate Outlook/Monday such that it keeps emails within an email chain grouped together as notes within a task?

I just did a test with my account and integrated with Outlook and there was no additional fee. The catch is you can only integrate one email address per account so if you need several addresses it will require additional users. It looks like the recipe below should do what you want. Every workflow is different so give it a try and let me know how it goes.

That was in reference to the required Office 365 Business Premium subscription. I’ve since learned that I cant integrate it with my Outlook anyway as we have a On-Premise Exchange Server, so I guess I’m just out of luck on the deal. I do wish they were a little more clear about that but such is life. Thanks for the help, I appreciate it

1 Like

You might also look at the Emails and Activities App:

1 Like

That is a really cool feature.

Hi Chris.

We’re in a similar boat. Our org has its own hosted email on premise. I really can’t believe there isn’t another way to integrate email especially since competitors can do it.

Seems like a key sticking point since if we can’t email direct to clients out of the platform then we’d be doubling up our work – antithesis of the product purpose!

We are in the same boart i even have a post on here about it, we are looking to move to an alternative when our subscription is due for renewal next year. fed up of Monday not prviding basic features. their main competitor provide all the things that in my opion are missing and more. for a start emails & unique ID referances and no silly limits on intergrations and automations. for a small business these programs are expensive, and i need to get the most out of every pound.