Two way connection on linked board

Hi, I have played with one automation for hours but haven’t been able to get it to work.

The automation works like this: When an item is moved to a group on Board A a new item on board B is created and linked with the board A.
The automatic creation of new item works but the problem is when I start to edit the item.
Anything I do on board A is not reflected on board B. It only reflects when I open the linked TAB on board B.

And changes that I do in the linked tab won’t reflect on the item itself.

But I think it should work also by editing any column?

1 Like

Hi @Ammikas :slight_smile:

My first thought is this - are the columns on board B mirror columns? If they aren’t, they won’t change as you update items on board A because they are technically different items.

If they are mirror columns though, there might be something else at play. I’d be happy to set up a time to meet to get a better idea of what you’re looking for. Let me know! tanner@elevateops.io

Thanks!

Tanner

1 Like

Hi @Ammikas - when you created the connect board column did you set it up as a two-way connection?

Thanks
Mark

1 Like

Thanks for you reply. Understood but now the question is, how can I get the sum of mirrored columns? :blush:
Because mirrored columns do not give the sum at the bottom.

Yes, but I already understood the issue :blush:

Hi @Ammikas, you can create a Formula Column and just reference the mirror column you are wanting to sum.

Mark

1 Like