Update Email Notification

Good Morning Monday Community,

My boss made a comment using updates on an item. When that happened it sent him an email notification saying I was the one who wrote the update. Why is this? He created the item by requesting a project proposal so that’s probably why he also got a notification. However, why did it say I wrote the update and the email notification also came from my name/account.

Thanks,
Jared

Hey Jared,

This is a little strange! I’ve just tested this and despite being the automation creator, the notification message displays the correct name of the update creator…

Can I ask you to elaborate on this “he created the item by requesting a project proposal so that’s probably why he also got a notification” - what is the process of requesting a project proposal? This might help me understand what’s happening :pray:

When the “request for project” form is filled out and submitted the item is then created. Then it goes to the proposer, which was not me, then he submits it and it goes back to the requestor. I was not involved in any step of the process yet it said I wrote the update when it was really my boss who did.

Hm this does sound strange! Whilst it makes more sense that he received the notification after submitting the form, if your boss has posted an update on the item, the notification email should display his name only… Can I please ask that you reach out to our technical team via our help center - you’re welcome to share this community thread so they can have some further context and they can move the request through :pray: