Updating items from JIRA to Monday through Zapier issue

@mliang

Thank you for clarifying further and dedicating your time and effort to set this up in a way that would work for you and your team. I appreciate it!

To confirm, you would indeed need some kind of value to reference between Jira nad Monday in order to make the sync work. The reason I suggest using Monday’s Item ID is because it is unique in the platform, and you would not run into issues with updating the wrong item, or not updating the correct item. Does that make sense?

I definitely agree using Jira’s Summary field might not be the best practice here, but I would really use any kind of Jira field where you could store the item ID. The Item ID would have to be placed there after the item was created for the issue (for example), or after any other change that you think might make sense in your workflow, for example, once Status on Monday.com changes to “Update Jira”.

Do you think that approach could work?

@erikthorne

To be transparent with you, I do not have much experience using Jira, but my understanding is that you are able to assign a certain status or type to certain tasks. Perhaps those that you need synced with Monday.com could use a specific value in that field, thus allowing you to only integrate a subset of tasks?

Having said that, I do think this community-built app might be a better approach to setting this up than Zapier currently provides, and I’m sure the developers of the app would love to hear your thoughts and feedback.

I recommend taking a look at the thread here to see if the app sounds like something that could solve your issues:

-Alex