Using SharePoint as document mgmt. platform

Dear,

I’m new to monday.com and would like some insights on how common Office 365 habits can be handled by monday.com. We are currently using Microsoft Teams as our hub for collaboration within and outside our organisation. Teams uses SharePoint for document collaboration and storage. Functionality is quite extensive (versioning, commenting, online editing,…) compared to the Monday.com document ‘viewers’ I’ve seen. How can I keep using SharePoint as a document mgmt. backend for Monday.com. Just linking the documents would work off course, but I was wondering if there was a more tighter integration with the SharePoint platform available?
Thanks for your feedback!

Kind Regards,
Luc

8 Likes

Our organization starting looking into the same functions and we’ve found that by adding our Monday.com boards into TEAM Groups & Channels we can access each of them and stay better organized. It take a little configuring and testing but we’re excited to see what’s coming together.

We’ve tied into each Group/Channel OneNote, Sharepoint Files and now Monday.com so right from our TEAMS meetings or collaboration we’re able to get everything updated or created without having to have multiple programs open.

Hi @Rigo,
Thanks for your reply and reassuring message. I’ll dive deeper into that Teams integration. It would be great, if you could share some of your learnings setting this up.
Kind Regards,
Luc

Hi Luc1003,
How did you go with integrating Monday.com and Sharepoint?
My organisation is interested in using Monday.com and this is an important feature for me.
thank you,
Liana

Hi @Liana ,
I’m still trying to figure out how to best use Office365 and Monday.com together. Currently I’m linking to documents and OneNote files in a link column. A file column uploads the documents in Monday.com.
How do you see such an integration?
Best Regards,
Luc

Hi Luc,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, we’re doing the same. It’s actually quite powerful for us as we have literally 100s of documents being developed simultaneously across our team. So it’s very convienient to have a link to the working document alongside status, ownership, tasks, and due dates. I think it will work quite well (once we start using it fully).

I’d love to hear of other ideas if anyone has some.
thank you,
Liana

1 Like

Liana, we are working towards something like this. Is there a specific board you have for this? What columns do you have set up? Are the documents still kept in Sharepoint, but then you have the Link Column with the link to the working/ most up to date document?

I would appreciate any help you could offer.

With the Files Column you can upload from “OneDrive” except the interface for this will ALSO show recent Sharepoint sites and sites you are following in sharepoint. This will allow you to create a link to the document in Sharepoint - you can click on a Word file and it will automatically go right through to your document in sharepoint opening it a new browser window.

Hi Everyone!

As this thread was opened some time ago, I wanted to jump in here and also just flag that we have added monday workdocs which allow you to create documents within the platform.

I wonder if this could be an alternative here at all? It would allow you to keep everything natively within the platform without needing to link out or integrate with SharePoint for your document collaboration and storage.

That said, if you are looking to continue to use SharePoint for this then @codyfrisch’s suggestion is a great workaround :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Best,

Dani

Hi @Dani ,
A native solution to work on documents is ok for small companies that don’t have a solution yet. But most companies use SharePoint/Google Docs/… and will not transition to yet another solution (with limited functionality if you compare to the platforms I just mentioned). I hope that monday.com will still work on integration with those platforms. Is there a possibility to disable the Docs functionality?
Kind Regards,
Luc

1 Like

Thought that I would add since my original post, the onedrive option has been renamed onedrive & SharePoint online in the UI. So as to be more obvious that it works for both.

Hi @luc1003 :wave:

At this time, it’s not possible to disable monday workdocs from the platform.

However, we would love to hear more about your feedback on the feature and what capabilities you wish it had so that we can continue improving! You can share this feedback directly with our Product team using the feedback button you see after you select “Docs help”:

Anywhere you see a chat bubble with a heart in the middle on the platform, this indicates where you can submit feedback on that particular feature! Our Product team takes user feedback very seriously, so thank you in advance for any and all thoughts you share :slight_smile:

You can also always share feedback/feature requests like this in the Feature Feedback section of the community, which is also monitored by our team when making decisions about our roadmap!: Feature Feedback

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Jenna

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.