When sub item created - create item in another board

Hi,

Is it possible to create this automation?

When a sub-item is created, create an item in another board?

Thanks.

Hi @eranggg - you can use a simple custom automation for this:

Hope this helps,
Mark

but it doesnt take the same fields like date price etc.

Hi @eranggg - can you be more descriptive of what you are looking to accomplish? On creation of a subitem, only the name exists and the remaining columns are added after. Are you wanting column values from the parent item and/or the subitem to be sent to the new item in the other board?

The more information you post the better the answer we (and others) can provide :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Mark

Yes,

I want the column values from the subitem to be sent to the new item in the other board

You will need to use a different trigger than “on create” since the only column that exists when the subitem is created is the name (depending on how you are creating them). All subsequent changes are considered updates. You will need a more granule way to tell the system when the move should happen.

Hi @eranggg , with zzBots you can set up a bot to automatically sync subitems to another Monday.com board with all the specified information. You can customize this to work to your liking with If / Condition steps and such.

Chat in on our website and we can help you set up your custom sync.

Can i duplicate the subitem columns to another board as item?

If the columns already exist on the other board then they will dynamically load in the bot so you can populate them and sync over the data correctly.

Hey @eranggg,

When a subitem is created it only has a name, so I’d suggest changing the trigger to something else.
Using subitem automations you can use the following automation to achieve it →

Hope that helps!