When subitem is done, move subitem to done

I want to move a done subitem to the done group on my board. In automations, it looks like I can only move the entire item, not just individual subitems. Thanks for your help.

This is very much needed!
When I’ve change a subitem status to Done I would like it to move to the “Done” group. This is what I do with items so that I can see they now have a “Done” color in the Timeline. Is it possible to do the same with done subitems and move them to the “Done” group so that the will have different color on the timeline?
Thanks a lot for the help.

Absolutely agree with this. Sometimes actions have to be categorised and actions within added as subitems. Unfortunatly this means there a tonne of actions completed but still remain within the category. It would be really helpful if there was an automation that stated:
if subitem = completed, then move to Closed group.
thanks

Would you want the item to come up twice - once with the done subitem, and once with the other subitems? Do you want the subitem to move on its own without the item to indicate what the subitem ‘belongs’ to? Sounds great and I would also want such a thing, I just can’t figure out the best way to do this.

not to come up twice. just want it moved to the completed group. If needs be select the data items that will not copy across as its going over as an item rather than sub item, and thats fine - it does this anyway if the columns don’t match.

But what’s if one subitem is marked as done, and another is not? Where should it go?

if subitem is done, it goes to completed. if others are still in progress then they remain where they are.

Hey @NHS_User1, @Soroh, @lermag, @pcarlaw

We developed an app called subitem automations that provides robust automation capabilities to subitems. It also includes the ability to move subitems between boards (and more) here’s an example →

Move between boards →

Move within the same board →
Uploading: Screenshot 2024-03-06 at 18.04.46.png…

You can find it in the monday.com marketplace in the platform or here - monday.com: Apps Marketplace

Hope that helps!