Zapier action to connect multiple items to board

I have a Zap with an action step to create a new item on monday. One of the columns in the monday board is a ‘connect board’ column.

When I map a list of ids to the Connect Board column, I get this error when I create the item:

Failed to create an item in monday.com
Invalid value for undefined on undefined. There are items that are not in the connected boards

When I map only one id, it works and creates the item accordingly.

I can confirm that all items that I’m trying to connect are in the corresponding board, and based on this documentation, it should work…

See recording below;

I appreciate any feedback you may be able to provide.

Thanks,
Dave

1 Like

I am experiencing the same issue as Dave - I can take two IDs that work individually, but after throwing them in an array separated by a comma (with or without a space after the comma) I get the same error. About to break this out into a direct API call to Monday, but sure would be nice if it worked in the Zap step properly.

Hello! I stumbled upon my search to a solution to this problem over a year later! But, i found a solution that I wanted to post here in case anyone needs one. Use the Looping by Zapier to run through each iteam as an iteration. I had the best success adding them as text and separating them by a comma. I have attached pitures for you to reference.

Hope this helps!