Zapier - Outlook - Dashboard Report Email

In searching for the right project management tool, we have a very specific email need. I need to know if this is possible through Monday.com/ Zapier.

A - Project tasks are updated daily by employees/ management
B - Project status is reflected in dashboard/ reports
C - Dashboard has schedule implemented wherein once a week, a link to the Dashboard/ Reports is auto-generated.
D - Link to dashboard/ reports is then automatically placed in an auto generated email (outlook) that is then sent out to client associated with that specific project.
E - Client opens email, clicks on link, and is taken to their projects dashboard/ report

This is a straightforward need that nobody has been able to offer me. I don’t see why I need so many work arounds for something like this. It should be relatively easy to have as a feature.

Would using Monday.com with Zapier allow for this?

Hey @TyeZ – thanks for posting in the community.

If I’m understanding correctly, you want your clients to be sent an email to their relevant dashboard regularly.

Each dashboard has a consistent link, so you don’t need to generate a new link each week. You can therefore use our Outlook integration and a client tracking board to do this.

1. First, set up your board so it includes each client’s name, email address, and a link to the relevant dashboard as a text column:

2. Set up the “Every time period, if status is something, send an email to someone” recipe:

3. When configuring the recipe, you can construct the body of the email to include values from the board. This is where that dashboard link comes in – you can map the data inside the “Dashboard Link” column into the body of your email:

It also sounds to me like you’ve already tried different iterations of this workflow; let me know if there’s something missing from the above and we can figure it out together!

This is a wonderful suggestion. Thank you so much. I’ll be putting this to work to see how it does. I’ll follow up with my results. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good stuff! Let us know :slight_smile:

I cannot seem to locate that specific automation for “Every time period, if status s something, send an email to someone”. Is that a predefined automation or is this something I can only see if I upgrade my service?
I see other “Every time period…” automations but that one.

Strange. If you’re on the free trial you should be able to see it – here’s an article on how to set up the Outlook integration.

How to set up the Outlook Integration

Let me know if that helps!

That helped. I do see it now. The issue I am coming across now is this part:

“When configuring the recipe, you can construct the body of the email to include values from the board. This is where that dashboard link comes in – you can map the data inside the “Dashboard Link” column into the body of your email”

I have set up a test user with viable email and filled in all the values including the url for the dashboard, but I don’t see those options in the supported fields. Do they need to be available or am I able to use the curly brackets regardless as long as the field included is functional? I tried just inserting that information in but when the email shows up no link is included.

I think the problem is with the column. I don’t have an option to include a dashboard link column and all I can find in the column options are just a general “link” action.
Should there be one available to me?

As you can see here I am using two columns to put the link into, neither of which are the dashboard link you show because I cannot find it in the column options.

But clearly that doesn’t work because the integration automation doesn’t supply me with that supported field. I added it in through manual input, but that hasn’t worked.

I can’t find any tutorials that actually explain how those fields function. Like what is a pulse and is it supposed to remain or does the content replace it like a temporary placeholder would?