A quick and easy way to allow multiple guests to view and update only their own info in a board

Hi all,

I can’t find an answer by searching the forums so here goes nothing…

Is there a quick and easy way to allow multiple guests to view and update only their own info in a board? I believe that form view can only be used to create a new entry not edit an existing one. I know that using the Jotform integration, guests can add updated info into their updates section but it won’t actually allow them to see previous data entered and it won’t modify the actual data in their item in Mondaydotcom. Obviously, I could create a filtered view for each guest, manually copy the share view url and share that with them, but as there will be literally hundreds of guests, that won’t be very practical.

Am I missing anything? Is there any way to quickly and easily be able to show guests the values currently entered for their item in Mondaydotcom that allows them to edit it?

Cheers,
Patrick

Hello Patrick,
The Duplicates and Uniques app can be helpful in updating an already created item, provided they have a unique similarity between them, say, the same email address. So if they submit the form with the same email address, their existing data can be updated with the newly submitted data. Here is a demo of that.

You can reach out at support@kolaai.com if you have any question.

Hi @patrickfallon - Item Permissions in the Enterprise plan can allow this! By enabling Item Permissions on a board, you can manage all of your work in one place and only allow each user (including Guests) to see and edit their own items. If you would like a demo of this feature I would be happy to help. You can book a meeting with me here: Book a call with Polished Geek: Do more with monday․com

Hi @patrickfallon :wave:

It looks like this post A quick and easy way to allow multiple guests to view and update only their own info in a board - #3 by PolishedGeek might have answered your question, is that correct?

If so, please don’t forget to mark it as the solution so other users can easily find it, and to close this thread :slightly_smiling_face:
If not, feel free to ask any additional questions you have!

Best,
Dani

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.