Allow admins to administer ALL boards

Totally agree that this would be a great feature to have to keep all the board in places and control the board creation to manageable level…

3 Likes

Posting so that Monday knows people are still invested in this topic… With all of the capability and customization available in this program, I can’t believe the disconnect here with admin rights. The fact that I am the primary account admin and can’t even make myself an owner of a board that was created by an employee so that I can change the automations is baffling. As an admin, I want the ability to see and change everything that happens in our account so that I know it’s working properly and that everything is getting done when it needs to be. As it is now, the employees that are less tech savvy or less familiar with the software are going to flounder without admin assistance which is a serious detriment to the program’s ability to manage our team’s projects and tasks.

Listen to the people, Monday!

5 Likes

Voting and Replying to keep ths alive

6 Likes

This continues to be a strong desire for many instances it seems

5 Likes

This is an essential feature for an enterprise app. The fact that it does not currently exist is mind boggling to me. It is the main thing preventing me from recommending we roll out Monday to more departments.

4 Likes

Hi everyone! Our product team has heard your feedback, and I’m happy to let you know this is on the roadmap for later this year. We don’t have a set ETA, but please stay tuned for more updates later on. We appreciate your input and your patience while we work on this!

11 Likes

Thank you, @zaneta - We will be so happy to see this come through. Hopefully there will be a concept of a SuperAdmin vs. regular Admin? With regular Admins being what we have today.

6 Likes

Yes, great news thanks Zaneta!

1 Like

Any news here ? New to Monday and this is very frustrating

2 Likes

@zoneta any update on the status of this development?

2 Likes

This is still a GDPR issue! If we can’t administer/see boards, we can’t implement data policies. :frowning:

2 Likes

I don’t think lesss than 50 votes are going to get this issue prioritized

1 Like

I’ve inherited Monday.com ownership and we have a lot of boards and a lot of people doing things in many different ways. Because I can’t see even at the simplest level what boards are out there I don’t know who to ask what. At the very least we need to have a superuser status that would allow someone to see every board that has been created, it’s type, owner & members.

Then we need to have the permission to shut access to that board down. I know Monday.com isn’t a European company but a lot of your customers will be so GDPR is important and visibility of the estate is just the fundamental starting point to this.

Please can we have some kind of indication when greater Admin functionality is coming. This will allow us to plan accordingly.

3 Likes

@darrylclark I Agree with the points you made it is in the roadmap so Monday is aware of the issue but I would think that we would need to increase the number of votes in this topic so that @zaneta can go back to the office and show them how this issue is important and has 500 upvotes.

Since I assume that most of the people on this thread are admins and we’re outnumbered by end users by 40 to 1 ratio getting more votes is critical methinks.

4 Likes

Very frustrating that there aren’t global admin controls to allow admins to access all Workspaces/Boards. This is a deal breaker.

1 Like

Hey Guys,

I agree with the Super-Admin solution, changing the Admin account behaviour now would be too dangerous in our account or in our customers accounts.

Laurent, web developer @ Synolia, platinum partner

3 Likes

@zoneta Any update on this? Very frustrating that we do not have this implemented yet.

2 Likes

Agreed! Between this and lack of SSO integration with O365/Azure AD for anything but the very expensive enterprise account, security on monday.com is VERY LACKING and has me ready to move my company to another solution.

3 Likes

unfortunately admins are the minority of users and 88 votes does not get us attention from the monday.com team, I will start locking all end user accounts until they come here and start up-voting this initiative :grinning:

2 Likes

For those of you who are using Enterprise, there is a new feature coming soon called Content Management. It will give admins more visibility into the structure of their account. Admins will be able to view the list of ALL boards/dashboards/docs along with their owners, subscribers, creation date, etc. as well as filter by this data.

Please note that admins will be able to view private boards/dashboards/docs in the list, however, they will NOT be able to access them!

Sneak peek screenshot below:

There also are other Enterprise features under development to allow more role-based permissions as well.

Anyone who would like to learn more about whether Enterprise is right for you, our team is happy to give you a personal tour and answer all your questions (including pricing). You can book your private Enterprise strategy session here: https://meet.polishedgeek.com/more-with-monday

2 Likes