Any way to update existing items in Monday via Form submission (Form View, Jotform, Typeform etc)?

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a way to allow end users/customers to view and edit existing column values for an item pertaining to them?

Eg if I had say a “Jobs” board and a new job was created by John Smith automatically when John filled out a Form View embedded on my website.
Is there a way that John can later login/access and view that data and update it himself?

Jotform now has the ability to update items but it’s limited to 20 and it seems you have to specify which items will be updated in advance.

I have a client who is considering Monday.com but it’s super important to them that their customers can log in, see previously submitted data and if necessary edit it.
(And no, sharing each item manually one by one when somebody needs it is not an option).

Thanks in advance,
Patrick

Just checking to see if you figured this out- would love to use that functionality as well…

Hi @patrickfallon and @EPMLIving

At the moment we don’t have native functionality to update existing items via the form, I’m afraid.
Whilst we do offer a form feature, this would create a new item for each submission by default.
If you’d like to read more on the forms, you can find details here: The Forms

I can definitely appreciate how this would be a useful addition to the platform for yourself, and I’m sure for other teams too, so I would highly recommend visiting our Feature Request section.
We already have an open request for this feature, which you can add your support to by upvoting the post. You can find it here: Use Forms to View and Edit as well as Create - #20 by timothylin

Alternatively, this may be something you can achieve through an external integration, such as Make or Zapier. If you’re looking to potentially go down this route, I’d recommend opening a thread in our No-code section here: FAQs - No-Code (Zapier, Integromat, etc) - monday Community Forum

Best,
Dani

Hi,

The Superform app has the ability to update individual items and create new one. There is a free version if you add it from within Monday.com app marketplace. I’ve been experimenting with it and so far so good.

JL

2 Likes

Do you know how to implement “share” this form on wordpress like you can on the native form?

1 Like