Automate PDF creation and sharing

I would like to be able to automatically create a PDF of a form submission. I know that I can view submissions as PDFs, and export them from there, but I already have automations connected to the submission of the form, triggers back to the submitter etc etc, so manually generating PDFs seems like an unfortunate workaround.

2 Likes

Hello @SOELDave !

We are currently working on an App (FillView) that does exactly that. You fill in a form and it creates a PDF. The PDF can be customized by yourself and will also include some premade templates.

If you want to, we can contact you as soon as our App is in the Marketplace.

Let me know!

Best Regards,
Giannis, Implementation Consultant at thespelas.com

Hello Giannis. How close is this to going live?

Hi David,

You have 2 options to achieve this easily. I have recorded a quick video to showcase: Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software | Loom

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Thank you very much @ggozalova.

Both of those solutions involve manually generating the PDF, where what I think I need is a trigger to automatically generate a PDF of a form submission in a subsequent column.

If it doesn’t exist it may just mean that I have to follow you advice and generate them one-by-one via the View Submissions view.
:slightly_smiling_face:

No worries, David. I recommend exploring ‘Docugen’ app in that case. It requires a little bit of an effort to set up, however once done right, you can get pdf file automatically populating FILE column.

Hi community,

Exporting to PDF was a specific requirement from one of our clients - McDonalds!

If you’d like to see how we did it, I’ll be running a 30min webinar on the 21st of Nov @12.15pm (GMT), to showcase the McDonalds solution.

Feel free to join by registering here !

I’ll speak through the maccas problem statement, demo the solution, talk through our process and the outcome. :boom:

Hi @SOELDave,

you can use the app DocExport to create a PDF automatically after form submission.

All you need is a Word (docx) template with placeholders which then will be filled out automatically for you. You can also include signatures, images and QR codes in the generated PDF. The document generation integrates with monday automations, so you can create fully automated processes.

To learn more about how to set this up please watch this tutorial:

@Kimb Did you try Automate PDF creation and sharing on monday.com with GetSign? Let me know if you need help with setup.

1 Like