Automate weekly

Hello all,

How can I repeat an automated notification in a weekly rhythm?

I have a status column that jumps from green to yellow. This change of state is detected by the automation rule, which then notifies the responsible persons as a reaction. So far so good !

I would like to set up a kind of email reminder that does not only execute this reaction once, but repeats it in weekly intervals until the status column is manually reset back from yellow to green by the user.

Is it feasible with monday.com ?

Thank you very much in advance !

@Honor

You could add a date column “Recheck Date” and have your initial automation (or separate automation) set this date to “today” when the status changes to yellow. Then you could add a custom automation like this:

Jim - The Monday Man (YouTube Channel)
Watch Our Latest Video: Creating subitems using Make/Integromat The Monday Man (EASY) Way
Contact me directly here: Contact – The Monday Man

1 Like

Hi again :slight_smile:

Thank you very much for your help.

With this proposed solution, I would have to always manually specify a reminder “Recheck Date”. But since I calculate my individual reminder date by formula field, I would like to use this date (LC).

The advantage with the calculated method is that I don’t have to worry about the date anymore, but always get a notification when the calculated remaining time falls below 30 days. At least that’s the idea.

Do you have another solution for this ?

Formula fields cant be used in automations as the data is not stored but calculated on the fly… to get around this, you can use the General Caster App Formula which you can then store in a date field and then combine this with use Monday Mans route for the date push.

1 Like

@MHaigh Thank you for pointing this out.

This was also recommended to me by monday.com support team. In my case I would have to pay 50€ per month for this service, which I don’t want to take. If necessary, I’ll use a RPA tool that sets the status fields automatically :slight_smile:

However, I hope that the monday.com developers or product managers will implement this necessary feature asap and make it available to their users. At least for the Pro version.

@Honor

The Recheck date could be set by an automation. Such as:

OR

Watch Our Latest Video: Creating subitems using Make/Integromat The Monday Man (EASY) Way

1 Like

@JCorrell

Thanks for your suggested solution. As far as I understand, I still have to manually intervene to change the status field.

As already written above, until a proper solution from monday.com, I will use a RPA tool to change these status switches by overnight.

As it looks, monday.com seems to consider this and is trying to enable this missing link between formula fields and automatism.

I’m curious to what extent words are followed by deeds :wink:

@Honor

I obviously missed something… You want the status to change automatically? Can you describe the conditions that you want to have change the status?

If I have confused you with this, I would like to apologize. Maybe it’s because I tried different ways to solve this properly. The following workflow is intended:

If RPA == true, then the status field: Autorenew is to be changed to “Notifing”.

Currently I do this manually, it would be desirable that this status is set automatically depent on calculated RPA Formula field.

The use case behind this story is quite trivial, that if a contract period falls below 30 days, a notification automatically should goes to the responsible persons.

The status change is preceded by this formula calculation:

IF ( OR ({Status}="Deactivated", {Status}="Cancellation", {Autorenew}="Stop")
          ,"false"
          IF({Frist} < 30.4, "true", "false")

)

Thanks again for your help. I always appreciate your comments.

@Honor

Is {Frist} also a formula column?

yes sir ! {Frist} is a formula field as well.

@Honor

Can you share the formula?

sure !

#Frist

IF({ReP}=0,"",
IF({Status}="deactivated","",
ROUND( DAYS( {LC_Full},
               Today()
             ) ,0
       )))

#LC_Full:

IF({ReP}=0,"",
IF({Status}="deactivated","",
ADD_DAYS(
          ADD_DAYS( 
                   {ICS}
          MULTIPLY(
                   MINUS({n},1)
                   SWITCH({ReP},12,365,6,182.5,3,91.25,1,30.4,0)
                  )
                  )
                  MINUS(SWITCH({CoP},120,3650,60,1825,48,1460,36,1095,24,730,12,365,6,182.5,3,91.25,2,61,1,30.4,0)
				  SWITCH({CaP},12,365,6,182.5,3,91.25,2,61,1,30.4,0)
				  )
		)))
type or paste code here

@Honor

I was hoping that there might be a way to creatively use monday automations to accomplish this. Unfortunately, I do believe that your conditions are too complex for monday alone.

Mathew’s suggestion of using General Caster would probably get you there. As would using Make (formerly Integromat) or similar tool.

I do not use General Caster myself. However, if you would like help with Make, I’m here.

I do not want the General Caster app on principle buy additionally to use an essential basic functionality.

But you have made me curious with Make. Is this a free tool or available in the Marketplace on monday.com ? Unfortunately I can’t find the app there.

Thanks a lot !

@Honor

Make is not really an “app” in the monday sense of the word. It is a “no-code” platform that many monday customers use to expand existing monday capabilities.

I recently started a document on my site that describes it in more detail. You can see the current (90% done) version here: What is Make – The Monday Man

(We also do custom work including creating or helping you create Make scenarios, if that is of interest.)