Automation around Status

Hi Team,

I would like to know is there any way to automate an email either via Monday.com or Zapier that does the following.

An individual item within the Project Board has its status changed to “DONE”, and this would then trigger an email to the client to advise progress updates.

The pain points I have so far are I don’t know if it’s possible to identify the client in any way within the Board and two, I don’t want to advise updates on all tasks just the ones I choose.

See the image attached. If this status is done, then an email is sent to the client.

Hi @patberry_0001 ,

If you use either gmail or outlook the following native integration should work for you :

For ‘‘someone’’ you would need to add the client’s email. The best way to do that would be to add an email column to your board. This would need to be in every line, but is is easily done via batch actions (if all actions are for the same client, otherwise each item would need the specific client’s address) .

If you do not want this to be done for every task, I would suggest adding an extra status column, for example ‘’ Inform Client’', that when you change to ‘‘Yes!’’ it would work with the integration ( meaning you would choose this status as the trigger in the pictured integration).

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Giannis, Implementation Consultant at thespelas.com