Automation between groups

Hi,

if i have 1 group as a summery of all other groups,
and i want to show auto progress, for example:

group: On Boarding (Success) has 4 items (so is 100/4=25)
and i want to set automation that each time status/progress change on this board update the Summery board with the process.

I have created this kind of automation in an app. The difference is that I use it between boards (1 master - many detailed boards). Currently available are:

• statuses - report % of a status (e.g. Done) to master board
  • numbers - report an average number to master board
  • timeline - report an overall timeline to a master board

Doing the same for a progress tracker is not possible as the automation can’t read and write this column type. This is a monday limitation.

I can rewrite the existing automations to work between groups in the same board (1 master group and many detailed groups). If there is enough interest to change the automations to group level, let me know.

1 Like

I would definitely be interested in this and I think more people would too, it’s just it’s not an easy thing to “search” for. (I tried like four or five different search terms to even fine this.)

Also I see that you said there is an automation to change status between boards - how to you to that ? I have a group on board A that I want to combine into the status of an item on board A. I can’t figure out for the life of me how to do that automation, it only lets me do it across one board.

Not entirely sure what you mean by change status between groups. What do you mean by combining a group into a status of an item? Are you looking for a battery like status that combines all statuses of a group? Working at group level is hard for apps as there is no trigger available in monday when an item is entering or leaving a group.

Hi . May we know please what the name of the app which you used in order to connect boards?

hi @auankin

The Master Detail app information can be found here: 20|Rollup Multiple Boards - Excellent Team

The app is undergoing a redesign to make it easier to use. From several users I understood that the current version is kind of hard to setup, but it works perfectly after that. If you want it to try yourself, let me know.