Automation edits

Love your YouTube channel btw. Was fortunate to find it early. It’s been a lot of help.

1 Like

Hi all,

We are really sorry for the delay in responding to this thread! We are working on improving our responsiveness to the community, particularly our feature request process so appreciate your patience in advance!

On that note, as we pull together all the votes associated with this topic, we would love if you can redirect the votes on this thread, to the primary thread (most voted) here:
Automation edition as we plan to close this thread so we have we have all the votes in one, and can better prioritise this feature request based upon the total amount of votes :pray:

Thanks!

Hello team,

I would like to be able to edit my automations and add a second action to it. Once I click “add automations to board” I’m not able to add a second action.

For example:

Step 1 . Create Automation 1: When a Button is triggered change Status A to Done
Step 2. Add Automation to Board
Step 3. Edit Automation. When a Button is triggered change Status A to Done and notify People column
As far as I’m aware this third step can’t be done. The only workaround I found is create the automation from scratch.

Thank you

Also I think Dashboards can get data from Boards with Mirror columns

+1 on this please (I’ve voted).

I’ve just created an automation with 7 actions and have then realised after saving that if I wish to add another action or change an action I have to recreate from scratch, which is tedious to say the least.

I’ve just noticed that if you duplicate an Automation, it allows you to add additional actions, so this can do the job.

3 Likes

Don’t forget to disable or delete your old action or you may end up with actions running from both automations

1 Like

Yes please - really frustrating when you’ve created quite a complex automation then can’t add to it.

Adding my +1 to this. It is a chore to duplicate/add/delete old, duplicate/add/delete old when you have more than one automation for similar functions that arise from slightly different stipulations.

1 Like

You have no Idea how happy this makes me

+1 vote! This is so frustrating that you can fully edit an automation. It makes such a mess to have to create a new automation when you just want to add one more action to a trigger that already exists! It makes keeping your automations tidy very difficult!

Hi everyone,

Excited to share that this feature has been released! *When editing a custom automation, you now have the option to fully adjust it by adding or removing conditions, triggers, and actions.

2 Likes

I’m still having an issue with this. I have a custom automation based on a status change. In the initial setup, there’s a prompt to select “to something” or “from something to something”. Once you’ve selected the type of trigger, it can’t be changed. You mentioned that triggers should be editable, but from what I’m seeing only the column and condition of the trigger is editable.

I previously created an automation with multiple actions when a status changes TO and, now that our workflow has changed a bit, I need to edit the trigger to be when a status changes FROM. I thought I’d try deleting the trigger as well thinking it would allow me to select a new one, but all the actions are deleted.

Is there something I’m missing, or should I put this in the features request? It would be great if the TO/FROM selection remained editable like the dropdown condition limiter.