Autopopulate form

Hi,

I would like to ask if it‘s possible to autofill a field in the form which is embedded in my website.

When filling up the form i would like to know the username of the person currently logged in my website and put her name in the field so they don’t have to input it anymore.

@Pam08 Welcome to the Monday community!

This is not accomplishable natively through the Form view. I can’t be certain, but this might be something achievable through API.

I’ll call in someone who can answer that @Helen

Yes, if there‘s an API it would be helpful. Thank you!

1 Like

Hi @Pam08! And thank you to @andrewalmand for looping me in :smiley:.

At this time, it sounds like in addition to using the monday.com API, you would need to utilize your website’s API or be able to retrieve the signed-in user’s username somehow from your website.

I’m not sure how much technical knowledge or experience you have, but I think the way you can go about achieving this is with a monday app built from our apps framework. In this case, I’m thinking specifically of a custom integration recipe.

If this sounds too technical, it might also be a good idea to check out the third-party app integrator platforms Zapier and Integromat. These would only require a little bit of technical knowledge to set up.

Definitely check these out and let me know if you have any followup questions!

1 Like

Could you tell me which app from your appsframework is it?

I‘ll look in to integromat and zapier.

Hi @Pam08,

It would be a custom app that would need to be built by your or your technical team using our API!

Sure thing, let me know if you have any questions afterwards.

Zapier worked.
Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Hi Helen,

I would like to do this without using Zapier but building a custom one.

Can you assist me on this?

I tried building an integration creating a custom trigger.

Where can I get the subscribe and unsubscribe URL?

Can I also do this using the SDK?

@Pam08

You would indeed need to create an integration app if you’d be looking to push data through to your monday.com board from your website.

The subscribe and unsubscribe URLs would be something you’d need to set up in your app, actually. You can find more info on this in the Authorization section:

monday.apps - Authorization

I hope this is helpful :slight_smile: You can also find some example code directly in our apps framework by using the Quickstart options to get some inspiration.

-Alex

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.