Bring back Subitem column deletion

A few days ago, we added a subitems column to see if it would work with the board. In the end, it wasn’t a necessary feature and we chose to delete it, however the delete button was greyed out. I’ve since read another thread which explained that Monday.com are not allowing you to delete sub-item columns now? Why??? I understand it can be moved out of the way, or even collapsed, but we want it removed from the board entirely, it is now an unnecessary column cluttering the board?

Monday developers, please bring back the ability to delete subitem columns!!! To make them mandatory in a program which is literally built around customization seems like an absolute brain fart, why on earth would you do this?

hi @laurieley98

Welcome to the community. This is a kind of temporary state. The new board layout (still in Beta) does not have a subitems column at all, in fact the complete subitems column is not available anymore. This is because subitems are now an integral part of the board (just like updates etc) and it looks really nice. On the item level there is a little dropdown arrow to open / create subitems and a nice counter that shows the number of subitems.

1 Like

Hi @basdebruin

This looks really nice. Do you have a timeline for when the new board layout will be available for everyone? I thought it might be available at monday.labs, but couldn’t find it.

hi @Sjurd

No idea to be honest. You might want to contact support and ask to participate in the Beta.

1 Like

I hope this becomes an option and that sub-items columns do not completely go away. The column name gives an indicator for what the sub-items are. I can see how the new layout is nice for things like sub-tasks. We use the sub-items column differently as a way to track order history of a material item. Somewhat as a light weight MRP / PLM system. Removing the sub-items column makes it less intuitive on what the sub-items are and will result in that being tribal knowledge for us.

It looks like I have a user that is un-knowingly part of the beta group for the new layout. It has been really confusing for him.