Can I create items based on the subject line of an incoming email?

Hello. We are trying to set up the following general workflow:

Form Email is Received at Email Inbox → Trigger is Activated that Creates a New Item in a Board.

More specifically, we would like it if we could somehow parse the subject line or at least scan for a trigger phrase that can direct what type of item to create. For example, we have a workflow where our client will send us one of three form emails to take certain actions (meaning that the format of the emails we receive are automated and hence don’t deviate). So we would ideally have the following flow:

Form Email A is Received at Email Inbox → Trigger to Create Item with Attributes A
Form Email B is Received at Email Inbox → Trigger to Create Item with Attributes B
Form Email C is Received at Email Inbox → Trigger to Create Item with Attributes C

etc.

We currently use Outlook and some of the other integrations we’ve seen are limited to Gmail. We have seen more complex integrations that can use AI to not only parse the received email subject line but also automatically transfer data from the email body into the created items. However, this is perhaps overkill for our simple form email subject line use case so I’m trying to determine if there is a simpler way to just trigger actions based on a keyword or key phrase in an email subject line?

Thank you for your time.

Hey Marc,

You raise a good point!

At this time, it isn’t currently possible to customise the item name and attributes based upon the subject of the email, atleast with our native solution. I apologise for the setback here :pray:

That said, you could investigate using our API to achieve this - specifically through our email to board function, and then incorporate our API to customise those item attributes.

Hope this helps!