Clear unupdated tasks

I have a cluster of old and unupdated tasks which I want to clear on a regular basis (ideally also notify the owner that this is happening).
Isn’t there any way of doing this? I can see that the last update column doesn’t really serve this purpose, and creating a formula with day difference between last update and today can’t be used in automations as well.
This seems like such a basic thing to have automated.

Hello @nadavbe,

I agree the platform would be much more powerfull with access to calculated values.

You might try the General Caster app which basically does that (for new columns) and would help you track and delete olds tasks.

Cheers,
Laurent

@nadavbe

Depending on how many items each month you want to delete, you might get away with doing this with a free account in Integromat.

Jim - The Monday Man

Hi @nadavbe :wave:

Currently, we don’t have a specific automation that would allow for this, I’m afraid, nor can it be built from the custom automation blocks.

I would echo @LaurentConroux here and suggest trying the General Caster app so that you can mirror your formula column into a numbers column that you can then automate from.
That said, @JCorrell’s suggestion of using Integromat could definitely be an option here too if you prefer.

Looking at our roadmaps I don’t currently see any specific updates related to this, but our development schedules and releases are highly subject to change.
I can definitely appreciate how this would be a useful addition to the platform for yourself, and I’m sure for other teams too, so I would highly recommend opening a thread in our Feature Request section.

Here other users who would also like this added to the platform will be able to upvote the feature!
You can find this here: Feature feedback - monday Community
This is reviewed by our team so is a great place to let us know about any improvements or additions you’d like to see to the platform.

I hope this helps! Remember to mark as solved if this answers your question :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Best,

Dani

Hi again @nadavbe!

I hope these answers were helpful for you!
As we haven’t had an update on this thread in a week, I’m going to mark the thread as solved.
This will automatically close the thread in 7 days time if there are no further posts on this topic.
Please do feel free to let us know if you have any further questions on this and we’d be happy to continue to assist!

Best,
Dani

Sorry, this isn’t a solution. I think it’s a very common and basic use case and telling me to use 3rd party apps is not a solution.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.