Column Color Shading

Love all your recommendations! Endorse x100!

2 Likes

Monday is this ever going to happen? Its a no brainer request and a feature set you already support, as conditional coloring exists for cells and rows? Why wonā€™t you institute this?

1 Like

So what Iā€™m hearing is that Monday.com is not interested in feedback from their users to improve their product. Not cool dev team.

2 Likes

Agree with Bennet. The conditional coloring is rendered moot because of the dependencies Monday has set up around default views (main table via notification).

I canā€™t tell you how much of a UX improvement this would be. Its wild to me it isnā€™t on the road map. Without color coding, the boards donā€™t help users work more efficiently.

1 Like

Will this ever be an option?

I was shocked when I found out this wasnā€™t an option - I have 7 teams working off the same board and need to easily be able to identify/update/move columns around based on team needs.

Please get this on the roadmap!

5 Likes

Has there been any progress on this? It is highly requested by our teams.

2 Likes

@Orit This is the 4th most requested feature on feature feedback. Iā€™d like more info on why this isnā€™t in the roadmap if so many users want it?

Clearly the alternatives arenā€™t optimal, since so many folks arenā€™t using it instead. I think Monday should listen to its users and prioritize this issue.

1 Like

Hey @ForTheW, thank you so much for flagging. Our usersā€™ feedback is super important to us and our product team is well aware of this request and weā€™re currently assessing the possibility of supporting this request. We will make sure to update you all accordingly.

3 Likes

While some may have suggested the use of conditional formatting to colour columns, you end up with a ton of conditional formatting that is used only for colouring the columns, let alone if you also want to highlight specific cells.
With the sheer number of columns I have, this seems very impractical.

1 Like

Any updates since July on where this is in Mondayā€™s feasibility assessment?

1 Like

I am particularly interested in color coding the column titles to code each teamā€™s responsibilities by color. VERY Valuable!! Love Monday!! This would make so many people at my organization happy.

3 Likes

@ForTheW who knows! I suggested this three (3) years ago LOL.

Hi everyone,

Iā€™m Katerina from Stiltsoft. Please join our discussion here: How do you work with tables in monday?
Weā€™ll be very glad to know more about your use cases and needs.

Itā€™s hard to believe that this hasnā€™t been implemented.

+1 another one for the ability to color code columns

As a user I would like the ability to use custom colors rather than a limited set of colors;
Pulse groups
Statuses
ā€¦
Thanks for considering

7 Likes

Agree ā€“ would be great to choose custom colors (e.g. brand colors) or be able to use one color multiple times for statuses you use for tracking but donā€™t necessarily need to notice, per se.

For example, say you have three status columns ā€“ 1 for actual status (paused, blocked, in progress, complete, etc.), 1 for priority (Critical, High, Medium, Low, Take your sweet a## time), and maybe 1 for something like visibility (say its a project for internal eyes, external eyes, PR, etc.).

As a visual cue, itā€™d be nice to set the same light grey for ā€œtake your time,ā€ medium, and low priorities, while highlighting the critical and high priority items. In this imaginary use case, maybe visibility isnā€™t super important its just helpful to track, so having them all be a lighter shade of color to reduce the eyes attention to it when compared to critical priority status column.

Hope that makes sense!

1 Like

All in on this! We just spent 2 months greating new brand guidelines and itā€™d be great to use our new brand colours.

3 Likes

This is something I do manually right now across our board types. I do wish that we could actually pick a color more than once, thatā€™s a limiter for usā€¦ but visually, we try to use the following as a general rule:
green is good
orange is slippery/alarming
red is bad/stuck
grey is new, or not required
black is closed/cancelled
black is also serving as the color for meetings (which weā€™re piloting adding to a meetings group on all of our projects and support boards and becomes useful within the context of task types for project tasks.

The push for this is not just the inherent visuals of bad vs. good, but try using the llamas widget to tell you anything intelligent at all besides ā€œwow, thatā€™s a lot of llamas!ā€. By the color scheme we are using, we are trying to turn all the llamaā€™s green!

This brings me to the bigger issue I face when solutioning in Monday (and heavily relates to the way dasboards combine data from multiple columns/groups/boards). I want black to be closed or cancelled, visually right? but I do need to separate the closed from the cancelled in actual reporting. I canā€™t do both because I can only use a color once within a column.

If I could use a color twice within a column, and the settings for progress bars/other call that color ā€œcompleteā€ or not, no matter how many times I use it, that could workā€¦ right Monday!!! :pray:

1 Like

This must not be to difficult to create, make a color picker or let us use the same color multiple times.
How is the status of this request ?

5 Likes