šŸŖ„ Column MagicāœØ - the new magical columns toolbox

Hello Jim,

Great job. We already starting using the copy to mirrored column and it is very useful.
Would it be possible to add the possibility to copy the item name, or eventually the item Id ( item Id column) to the list of column to be copied ? This would be a great help.
Thanks for your answer
Franck

@FdL

Awesome to hear that you are finding Column Magic useful!

We should be able to add the item name and item id values as sources without much delay. Just to make sure we are on the same page, can you explain the use case you are looking to solve?

Jim - The Monday Man
:magic_wand: Column Magic :sparkles:- the magical columns toolbox app
What is Make & How can it help you with monday?
We Create Custom Solutions

Hi Jim @JCorrell

Iā€™m looking at using your update magic integration - but I need to copy the update from a subitem on one board to an item on a different board using a connect boards column - I cant seem to get it to copy from the subitem to a main item - it doesnt see the connect board column for the subitem.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
Drew

Hi @JCorrell,

Iā€™m trying to use the simple math function youā€™ve made - basically Iā€™ve got a mirrored formula column that adds together other columns - so it shows me (eg. 22:05:56) then I need to remove the seconds by rounding up (eg. 22:06), change it to numbers (eg. 22.06) multiply that by 100 (eg. 2,206) hopefully in a new column - is that going to be possible with the math function in Column Magic?

Iā€™ve set the formula to:

{Job Noā€™s Design Hours} * 100

just changed the output column to text and Iā€™m getting this error:

ERROR:
DataError - Colon : expected after object key (char 7)

Evaluation Text:
{pulse.mirror} * 100

Thatā€™s just by trying to get it to show the basic 2,206.

I also removed the *100 to see if I could get it just to replicate the 22:05:56 but it gave the same error.

Thanks
Drew

Hi. I have previously used the Remove ā€œ(copy)ā€ from duplicated items from column magic and I would like to use it again, but it seems to have disappeared as an option. Can you reinstate it - it was the most useful function.

TIA Nat

@Nat

It is still there. We are working with monday support to get it working with custom automations again. In the meantime, you can still use the recipe available in the integrations to access this function.

Jim - The Monday Man

@Nat, @johnners

You can submit a support request directly to us here: Monday Man App Support or send email to support@themondayman.com

Jim - The Monday Man

Hi Jim,

The integration recipe is not there when I click on integrations. How do I access the recipe?

Cheers,
Nat

@Nat

The remove (copy) function is part of the Column Magic: Main feature. If you need additional help please submit a support request at: Monday Man App Support. Iā€™d be happy to help you further. Thank you.

Jim - The Monday Man

Is there a way to see how many sparks are left for the month? The app stopped completing the integrations even though the integration activity menu says it was successful.

Alex,

You can see your cumulative Sparks usages and change the daily limits by adding our Sparks & Tiers board. This board template updates daily with your usage.

To add the board:

1. You must have Column Magic installed.

2. Click the add button in the workspace bar on the left.

3. Click ā€œChoose from templatesā€.

4. Search for ā€œsparksā€ and select the ā€œMonday Man Apps Sparks & Tiersā€ template.

5. Let monday build the board. It will be displayed fairly quickly. BUTā€¦ it can take some time for the integrations to finish adding. Once they are complete the board will automatically update.

6. The Sparks usages will update automatically, once each day.

7. To change the daily limit, update the desired values on the app subitem(s) then click the ā€œChangeā€ button in the subscriptions main item.

Sparks requirements vary by function. You can see the requirement for each recipe/function in the documentation: Column Magic, Update Magic #1, Mirror Magic: Numbers.

If you have other questions, you can contact support for further assistance. Highly recommended is to provided your account slug (the first part of your monday URL) to help find your account for troubleshooting.

Thanks @codyfrisch! This board template is very helpful.

Were you able to get things working? If not, reach out to support and weā€™ll get it resolved.

Unfortunately I am still having issues with the integrations not working, but I have reached out to support for some help. When they were working, the integrations solved a big challenge so Iā€™m hoping it is a simple resolution.

@alex.walton

Thank you so much for reaching out to us so we could get your issue resolved!

Jim - The Monday Man
Get Custom Apps, Integrations & Automations for monday

@JCorrell
This is great, Iā€™m trying to copy text from a mirror column and place it in a text column. It looks like the mirror column copy only allows numbers - is there a way to copy text from a mirror column?

Also, can you take the output from a function column - I have a function column that is

TEXT(sum({Caitlin Time Tracking},{Elin Time Tracking},{Mica Time Tracking},{Letters Caitlin},{Letters Elin},{Letters Mica}), "hh:mm")

Iā€™ve attempted to use the MATH version - which is outputting :

ERROR: DataError - Colon : expected after object key (char 34)Evaluation Text:TEXT(sum(07:19:14,03:14:17,{pulse.dup__of_elin_time_tracking},02:22:04,08:49:23,01:18:29), "hh:mm")

Is it showing that error because that {pulse.dup__of_elin_time_tracking} is empty?

It would make things much easier to make that just either text or number showing HH:MM

Is that possible at all?

Thanks
Drew

Copying text from a mirror column where there is a single linked item is possible with the Copy feature in Column Magic . You can also copy numbers using the same recipes. For copying summarized numbers where there is more than one linked item, you will need to use Mirror Magic: Numbers.

The functions of the ā€œBetter Mathā€ function in Column Magic perform only mathematical calculations. You can see more about that function here: Better Math.

If you would like additional help you can use our support page here: Monday Man Support

Jim - The Monday Man
Get Custom Apps, Integrations & Automations for monday

Hello - I am looking for a way to add the item id to the name column - not replace the name entirely but add it to the existing item name so it would changed from say Project A to 454544146 Project A or Project A 454544146

Currently I can only seem to replace the project name entirely.

Thanks!

You can use the item name in the text builder pattern and add the item ID to it (from item ID column). However, beware that how you trigger it should be something that is one time, or youā€™ll keep adding the ID to it repeatedly. Iā€™d recommend as part of the recipe you create, setting a status to something, and making that status a condition of the recipe itself so it canā€™t run a second time.

2 Likes

Thanks I got it working!

1 Like