Convert item to subitems (& reverse)

As a new user to Monday, I have a board with all my tasks. When I add tasks, I sometimes need to move a couple of them as sub-tasks. Could you build a way to move a couple of tasks to sub-tasks of a new task (like when moving pulses to another group). :pray:

I completely agree, I’ve had a few scenarios now where I would either (a) like to convert a top-level task to a sub item of another task and (b) convert a sub item to a main task. This would be a welcome addition to the sub-items functionality.

They have a road map for sub-items you can see here

https://view.monday.com/480751376-c22b2fe6c069076f55f20289b4d3f04f

2 Likes

Agreed, a bit of an oversight in the functionality as this is standard when working with sub tasks in any other project tool. It would be great if this can be scheduled sooner than later (currently TBD in the road map link posted above).

2 Likes

I agree, would really benefit from this

I agree.
Im waiting for this option since they shared the subitem option

yes agree this would be a really nice feature. I had a bunch of subitems taht I wanted to move up to the ‘item’ level so I could share with my clients in the public view. (since subitems are not shown on the public shared view). And so I exported the board, cleared out everything but the subitems and reimported to the board. This was pretty clunky and I had to spend extra time updating claning up some dups of items which were already up there.

Not the worst thing in the world, but still it was painful. and a converter from subitem to item would be much appreciated.

Is there any update if that will be released by the end of the month(as the roadmap say it will be released in Q2 )?
Its taking so long…
@monday-team @Helen

I was thinking the same thing. Every time I see this, it’s like rubbing salt in the wound!

I’m itching for this feature - is there any news?

‘Coming Soon’ is such a tease!

We need this too!!
Automate conversion via trigger status change.

Any update on this?

We’ve got this on our account now!

how? is a beta test?

To wrap up this thread, the feature is available now in Monday.com in the drop down menu to the left of the item.

1 Like