Core Builder Certification

The Core Builder Certification training does not cover all aspects of the exam and then you set a ridiculous pass mark of 90%.
I have tried really hard to pass at 90% but this is not working…
I only have until the end of the month to pass and really this requirement is ridiculous unrealistic.
What else can I do to try and pass this?
I am being frustrated and demotivated!

Hey @JonathanS! I am really sorry to hear this and understand how this would be frustrating. Please let me follow up with the relevant team so we can help support you here! Once I get a response, I’ll circle back here for you :pray:

Hey @JonathanS! Would you be happy to direct message me your email so our team can get in contact? :pray:

I followed the same certification program.

In general the course is very poor. Poor content. Lots of typos. Tons of links referring to the dev documentation that are dead, because the dev documentation was completely revamped and nobody took the time to update them.

All the exams need to be revised. Besides the fact that some questions are really stupid like “How many ways are there to delete a board item?”, they are most of the time obsolete because the interface has changed since the exam was created (buttons gone, terminology changed, etc.).

Finally when you complete the exam, you can’t go back in. So you don’t have access to the very limited content that you might have found interesting.

Considering the course is not free, not cheap, it is really disappointing.

2 Likes

Hi @GCavin! This is really disappointing to hear, and I sincerely apologise that the course is not up to the expected standard. Thank you for sharing this feedback - it is extremely important for us to hear this. I will share this directly with the relevant team now, and hope that we can make the necessary changes to improve the overall experience :pray:

Hopefully it will have a positive effect. Just to say, we are asked to provide feedback after each exam and after each course (about 15 times during the course :smile:). I obviously did make the same remarks. Never received any comment nor feedback (and I completed the course 3 months ago)…

2 Likes

Understood and again, I apologise that you’ve had this experience! I can confirm that the relevant team has been informed of this feedback, and I will do my best to ensure this is escalated accordingly!

I am having the same problem, the passing score is nearly unattainable! I just spend an hour taking the Final Exam and double checked my answers using the Workbooks provided during the course (which half of the content quizzed upon is not found in the materials provided) and also used Monday.com Support page to verify my answers (if I could even find the information!), I received an 83.5% and needed an 85% to pass. I can appreciate the goal being for all participants to obtain a high caliber of knowledge from this course, that is why I invested my time and energy it in the first place, but I cannot learn something without being provided the educational materials to do so. the I had high expectations of this course and did not expect to encounter borderline fraudulent behaviors from a company with what is considered a reputable reputation. Also, I am the Project Manager at an organization that began using Monday about a year ago and I use the software daily. Furthermore, I am solely responsible for the build out and continuing implementing of Monday at this organization, which is a multi-million dollar healthcare organization in which I manage all of our projects to include tedious federally funded grant projects. How can I not pass this exam to receive certification yet I can develop the platform, train 40+ of my staff, and specialize it to my organizations needs? Sincerely rethinking my decision to not only take this course but if I should continue utilizing it within my organization.

3 Likes

The course needs to be improved - I haven’t learned much more than I have on my own, and, have repeated a few lessons to guess at things better to pass incrementally. What have I gained? So far I’m NOT certified to be of much help to both myself and others. This was not worth the money and I should approach them for a refund of at least half.

3 Likes

Have any changes been made? I ask, because I’m about to sign up for the course. Given the negative feedback, I’m hesitating.

I’m a Learning and Development professional and have spent decades developing coursework. This could be a highly frustrating and disappointing experience if the issues I’m reading about haven’t’ been corrected. Please advise - thanks!

3 Likes

Hi! Dying to know if you have taken the course in the end because I’m exactly in the same situation right now hesitating if it’s worth taking it. I would really appreciate your feeback! Thank you in advance!