CRM email tracking across different leads with one customer

Hi Monday community,

Recently my company and I have implemented a system for email tracking. We do this with the Emails & Activities app integrated with our personal Outlook email accounts.

Leads are added as seperate items into our CRM. To these leads we assign a contact person that represents our client. These contact details are stored in a different board in our CRM. However, we work with clients that have a number of seperate leads & projects assigned to them. This means that ‘lead x’, ‘lead y’ and ‘lead z’ can all have ‘person x’ assigned to them as our contact person, yet these leads are seperate unrelated projects.

We now run into the issue that when ‘person x’ sends us an email related to lead x, his email is tracked in the Emails & Actitivies app ‘lead y’ and ‘lead z’ as well, and vice versa. This gets very confusion and a mix up of information.

How can we prevent this? I am looking for a solution to track emailing activity, but specifically across different leads and projects with one client.

1 Like

This is a huge issue with emails being accessed by others under the same license. Others are able to see my emails from other workspaces and when boards are private and when I don’t even enable the Emails & Activities. I have an automation that adds the emails from a column as an update. However, anyone in our institution’s account can access my email updates if they have the Emails & Activities enabled. There is no real fix for this at this time, even with so many Monday users having issues and submitting tickets.

2 Likes

I stopped email tracking after the million of confusing leads created all over my CRM. Indeed, monday.com hasn’t solved this issue yet, but turning CRM into a complete mess isn’t a solution at all.

This is a huge issue for us as well - here is a feature request I created describing how things work with some changes we would like to see: Board specific Emails & Activities settings

Hopefully this is something on their road map!

Lead enrichment should be done in the most accurate way without duplicates or missing data. Thus, the overarching goal of lead enrichment to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of lead generation by marketing and sales teams will be easier achieved.

Hi everyone! Just wanted to let you know that tomorrow at 11am EST we are having an event all about our sales CRM hosted by monday.com sales CRM lead product manager! You will learn all about why this product was created, how you can use it, and get your questions answered! You don’t want to miss this. Register here!