Customize Calendar View with non-date columns

Hello All!

Newer user here. I work in the entertainment industry, specifically video/audio production and post production. We are currently in the process of migrating some of our workflow in the available architecture on Monday.com. I wanted to know if there was a way to customize the Calendar View to include various columns from the board. For example, we are setting up a board to track information from our production days including specific people who were on set (in either a people or dropdown column) and would like to see those people directly on the calendar.

I know you can click on the pulse name on the calendar and a separate box pops up with the pulse details. I know you can also set up a split screen that can filter the board down to specific columns. But we’re looking for a way to just see specific information right on the calendar.

Is there a way to achieve this in the Calendar View? Alternatively, if that’s not possible, is this possible to achieve through an integration with an external calendar (ie Google)?

Thanks for the help!

Hi @RyanSWS!

Welcome to the community :smile:

It sounds that you are looking to see which team members were on set and during which days in the Calendar. While this is not possible at the moment(even with an integration), what do you think about using the timeline view instead? It will allow you to sort by person and depending on the way you have set up your workflow, it may look like this:

Hello Erik!

Thanks for the response and suggestion. I did look at the timeline view while I was setting things up. It’s close but unfortunately not quite workable for what we need due to the horizontal scrolling layout. The use case is for a quick snapshot overview of crew attendance, so we need to be able to see multiple weeks (or an entire month) all at once.

We’re still working through designing the architecture of our workflow in Monday.com, so I’m sure I’ll have more questions. Thanks so much for your help!

1 Like