DAM Thumbnail Previews

Hey all,

I’m currently building my company’s asset library using the DAM board in Monday. The one minor “bug” I’m encountering is when I hover my mouse over an attached asset, the thumbnail preview is blank:

These assets are all PNG files on a google drive. Whilst I can click through the asset link and it opens the image up in a new tab, is there anyway I can get the thumbnail to preview the file? Trying to make this library as user friendly as possible, and one less click will help with that.

Hey @Tevans,

Are you currently on an Enterprise Plan or EU server? If you’re on the Enterprise Plan, as provided in this article - monday.com and HIPAA - your plan is HIPAA compliant, and will prevent previews of images or other files in emails. Alternatively, I am afraid if you’re currently on an EU server, Filestack (the file preview service) is not supported. This means that there are no file previews besides PDF and most images (MS Office is not supported).

Please let me know if this makes sense, and might be contributing to the issue!

Hey @BiancaT - Thanks for the reply. I’ve been told we are on the pro plan (one down from enterprise). What would I need to do to get around my issue?

Thanks for clarifying this! Are you also able to confirm whether or not you’re on an EU server? This is also likely to be contributing to the issue if this is the case. If you’re unsure, please reach out to support@monday.com and they will be able to confirm this with your email. That said, if your account is not currently on an EU server, this does then sound a little strange, and our support team will be able to forward you to our technical support team for further investigation :+1:

Hey @BiancaT I’m not sure sorry! We’re UK based so I’d assume we are. If that is the root of the issue, do you know if Filestack will be supported on EU servers in future?

I’ve followed up internally on this one for you Tom, and will get back to you as soon as I hear back!

Thanks for your patience Tom! I have heard from the team who have confirmed that there are plans to have Filestack supported on EU servers in the near future, however they cannot commit to a specific date just yet as they work through a few unknowns. Sorry for lack of clarity, but please be assured this is on their radar :+1:

1 Like

Thanks @BiancaT ! I’ll wait and see :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @BiancaT - Just thought I’d check in and see if there was any potential update available from you on rolling out Filestack support to EU servers? We’re getting ready to launch this monday board internally so figured I’d check before we did :slight_smile:

Hey @Tevans! Sorry for my delayed reply, I have been OOO! I will circle back with our team on this and update you as soon as I can :+1:

1 Like

Hey @BiancaT - is there any update available? Internally we’re getting ready to launch our around Feb/March time, and we’d really love to have the thumbnail preview available.

2 Likes

Hey @BiancaT just checking in on this?

1 Like

Hey,

We have the same problem with the impossibility to work collaboratively on documents with the column “files”. It is also not possible to display the documents except in PDF format. We have to upload the document, modify and re-upload it on the colomn (without track change, comments,…) and all the difficulties with these numerous manipulations.

It’s because Filestack is not supported in UE. After many exchanges with the Monday support, we still have no idea of a possible resolution or an approximative timing.

I hope that the team will find a solution soon.

1 Like

Hi @Melodie and @Tevans!

I have directly reached out to the relevant department on this as it seems my request about this update was missed. I am really sorry for the delay - I will try my best to have an answer for you within the next 24 hours :pray:

Hey @BiancaT is it possible to get an update on this? I first asked about it back in September, if we could even just get some kind of definitive answer on a release date it’d really help. Cheers!

Hey @Tevans - I understand and appreciate you being so patient. I assure you that I am chasing the team for a more definitive answer and recognise it has taken a long time to provide you with this information :pray: It appears that the lead software engineer for this area has been OOO which explains the delay in my reply - my apologies! That said, from what I can understand an ETA has not been confirmed, however I do not want to commit to this response just yet until I hear from the engineer. I have reached out directly to her so am hoping to hear back by in next couple of days. I have my reminders set to circle back here with what I hope is a clear answer for this feature release.

Hi @Tevans - thank you again for your continued patience!

I have recently heard back from our software engineer who confirmed that they’re working on their own solution that will replace filestack. This is currently in development stages with a goal to have filestack replaced by end of March. This solution means that all data will be processed and saved on regional servers. I believe I should be receiving more information in the near future, so will refer back here when I do - I hope this helps in the meantime :+1:

Hey @BiancaT checking in on the above? We are basically ready to launch on DAM internally, but could hold off if the fix is nearly ready?

Hey @Tevans! I just followed up and the team has confirmed that our in-house file preview solution has now been released to 100% of all non HIPAA accounts across all regions :raised_hands: Let me know how you go from here!

Hey @BiancaT ah great! I’ve just tried to test it now but it seems the function isn’t working. I’ve uploaded an asset just now as a test but it doesn’t display a thumbnail as you can see - is there anything I need to do?