Disable Button after Click

For each item/row, we only need the button clicked once to create a single board. Would like the ability to put a limit on the # of times the button can be clicked (disable / gray out after 1 click).

I strongly agree with this feature request. Adding a button “disable”/“enable” switch would be incredibly helpful and enhance the automation experience.

However, it’s important to note that while this feature is not currently available, it is possible to achieve the desired functionality through custom make.com / Zapier integration, or even custom monday app. This requires some additional effort and customization.

If you can’t wait for feature to be released, you could consider looking into custom integration possibilities or reaching out to developers who specialize in automation. They would be able to assist you in implementing this workaround to limit the number of button clicks.

1 Like

Hi Uros - I recently started using make.com with Monday to do some functions (e.g. allocate a next sequential number when a button is pressed) - this is working well but I would like to stop users being able to click the button more than once. I was interested to know if / how you achieved this in make.com - my current solution to allocate numbers works by storing Monday item ID and the newly allocated sequential numbers in a google sheet and updating back to another col in Monday baord - so I guess I could see if the Monday item ID already exists in the ggl sheet and if so bypass the allocation / update part. Just wondered if you have different / more elegant solution to this?

Hey @kos-la5 ,

I hope I’ll be able to explain properly how I did it:

Create another column in a board, named “BUTTON CLICKED” (make sure you restrict column edit permissions as it’s used for automation purposes only). The type of column can be either Text, Status, Label, Checkbox - it’s your choice. This column will be used to indicate whether the button is ever clicked or not. By default it would be “Not Clicked” or just empty - your choice. By using a monday column, you will get rid of google sheets integration.

Your make.com automation should listen to the button click trigger, then get item’s column value of "BUTTON CLICKED", and it should proceed with the workflow only if the column value indicates that the button is not clicked yet. Before your make.com workflow automation is done, please make sure to update “BUTTON CLICKED” column of that item to “Clicked” or “Yes” or anything else that indicates that it’s clicked.

Now, the next time you try to click the same button, make.com will recognize that the item’s BUTTON CLICKED column value is “Clicked” or “Yes” and it won’t proceed with the workflow.

########################
For those who want to put a limit on the # of times the button can be clicked, just like @ykim asked, you can try this way:

You can create a “numbers” column named “BUTTON CLICKED #” (make sure you restrict column edit permissions as it’s used for automation purposes only).

Your make.com automation should listen to the button click trigger, then get item’s column value of “BUTTON CLICKED”, and it should proceed with the workflow only if the column value is less than or equals to the limit number. Before your make.com workflow automation is done, please make sure to update “BUTTON CLICKED #” column of that item by increasing the number value by one.

That’s the way around I would do, maybe someone has a better solution?

Hope this helps!

Any news on this from a native Monday.com view?

1 Like

Agreed, this would be a great feature for launching sets of board creations for projects, or teams only once per Item.

I solved a similar topic with a counter.

Add a field with a value, can also be “smaller than”
and count value up after action is done.

Hope that helps

2 Likes

It works :trophy: thank you!!!

1 Like