Employee board interaction

I have currently been tasked to unify the companies inquiries on one main board and the CEO would like certain information mirrored to promote information being standardized. However since everyone will have access to this board and the boards it mirrors is there a way for me to restrict certain columns being edited by users instead of hiding the information to prevent it from being askew.

I hope I have explained the issue clearly.

Hi @Ariesence ,

You can restrict column view/edit by going to the column you would like to restrict, clicking the three dots → Settings —> Restrict Column View or Edit. A pop-up will appear where you can determine who has access to that column. To read more on column edit/view restrictions see this link from Monday https://support.monday.com/hc/en-us/articles/360011926640-Column-Permissions

It’s important to note, column permissions are only available on Pro and Enterprise plans

1 Like

Hello @Ariesence !

Indeed the solution @kaylak suggested is the preferred one, and I’d say it should solve your problems.

Two things I wanted to point out :

If the mirrored columns are from private boards, make sure that everybody that needs to see them has access to these boards, otherwise the mirror column will not show up for them.

On the Enterprise Plan, there is also the option to restrict viewing to only items one has been assigned to.

Hope you find this useful!

Giannis, Implementation Consultant at thespelas.com

Unfortunately, I will not be able to do any of these options. Since everyone needs to see all the information however they only need access to alter parts of the information.