Export to Excel - fixing formatting, branding and other issues

We have had difficulty working with Excel sheets exported from monday.

I finally put together a set of table-driven macros for Excel that can perform the following functions:

• Remove Branding, Add a Logo
  • Change Fonts
  • Set Number Format, Fix Dates
  • Delete Columns
  • Set Alignments, Column Widths, Row Heights, Wrap Text

I’m looking to see if there is any interest in the community. It’s been an interesting project and I might considering putting in more.

If you are interested and trying what I have so far, let me know a little bit of what you are looking for and I’ll give a few out.

13 Likes

I would be interested in this. Can you give more info about it?

@CAllen, basically, you set up the commands that you want to run for each particular board. You can also have commands that run on all boards. Once the set is done it can be edited but does not need to be touched again.

When a board is exported and opened in Excel, you click one button to run the commands. It’s working very well for us. At this point, I’m just looking for feedback on how other companies like it and what else they would like it to do.

I’ll try and put together a video to show how it works in the next couple of day.

3 Likes

Loving this. I’ll be waiting for that video!

Love this idea as I have most of the same issues as you mentioned.

@Adrian, @Emil, @CAllen,

Okay, sorry it took me so long, I got sidetracked a bit by work…

Here are a couple of quick videos showing the processor.

4 Likes

@JCorrell I am definitely interested in this! How can I set this up/edit the commands? I am not super familiar with creating stuff like this in excel but the commands you had looked simple enough to follow and edit for what I need.

@CWaxman, direct message me with your email address and I’ll send you the files.

Wow! Can’t wait to try it out. I’ll dm you.

I was unable to try this out due to our internal restrictions with Excel macros. :frowning_face:

I’m not really very technical. But, is there any way to get the macros “signed”?

I have looked into this. I’d be willing to pursue it and my company is okay with it. But, I’d have to pay for the certificate myself. At this point, there is just not enough interest to justify it. Sorry.

Hi, this is fantastic what you have done, could you send us the files as well?

Can you tell me how i DM you on here as we would really like to get the files for the processor you created for change the logo etc?

Hi @JCorrell very interested on this, could you send me the files too?

Regards

Bonjour effectivement c’est intéressant je veux bien voir l,exemple

Merci d’avance francois France

To all interested…

I have been working on other things since September. I’m not in a position to be able to readdress this right now. If the interest is high enough, I will make it available again when I can.

4 Likes

@JCorrell I am interested in you VB scripts as well. I know you’re not currently working on this, but if you get around to sending out the old scripts, count me in as someone that would love to see it. VB is not a strong language for me, so any starting place is much appreciated. Thank you!

1 Like

I am also very interested in this. I need to remove the Monday logo on my Excel export

1 Like

Yea, the monday logo is super lame in the export

Hi there, I would very much like to see these macro files if still available. Is there a payment required to use please? thanks, Simon