Extracting files from email pulses

When I send an email (including an attachment) to a board specific email address I’d like to extract the file and attach to the file column. Possible?

1 Like

I am also interested in this feature.

Alternately I would like files that are included in updates to be moved or copied to the files column.

hi @dk_NFroehlich and @ChristianM,

It is not possible right now to do natively.

You can do it via integromat. We’ve just implemented a fully functional queue system for a client where customers send requests (PDFs), we trigger integromat on the new item, take the files out from the email update, load them to files column (we also created a different scenario where files are loaded as separate sub-items with Link column if customer would want to keep files on Dropbox). We then detect the type of file and extract data from the files and populate the necessary fields in monday.

We’ve tried many many many different things and Integromat is the only thing that works really stable. Ping me in DM if you need more details about the Integromat setup (it has a free tier to test).

I second @ilia510’s recommendation to use Integromat! We’ve developed many similar setups. One thing to know, however, is that being able to dynamically send out files as attachments from the Files column is coming later this year (no firm ETA). So if it’s not urgent, rather than build out Integromat you may want to wait for the native functionality and see if it meets your needs.

~ Deb Cinkus
Product-certified Partner

:houses: Want to chat live with other monday․com fans & users?
Join our unofficial community chat on Discord: The Monday Neighborhood

1 Like

thank you for the suggestion. This sounds about right but another subscription is out of the question for us. A free phase would just mean spending time on becoming acquainted and then not using it.

1 Like

okay then maybe longterm there will be a native solution to our needs. Thank you for the update!

Hi,

Extract app extracts content from board updates. Currently we extract emails and sender names, and adds them to your board items so you can automate your CRM and helpdesk workflows without the need to manually copy and paste data.

With extract you do not need integromat.

Can you share more about your usecase so we can consider adding files?
Thanks!