Finding Items on a Board that have a Subitem connected to Board "X"

Hello. I hope you are doing well!

I have a board with items that represent products. Each of the subitems of a product contains a URL to a place we can purchase the product. Each subitem also has a field with the name of the supplier, which is setup as a connected board column which connects to the suppliers board.

I am trying to filter the products so that I only see products that have a subitem connected to a specific supplier via the connected boards column. According to the Subitems product plan published by Monday.com, subitems filtering is not currently supported. I tried just searching the board with the supplier name, which is supported, but it seems the value displayed in a column to a connected board is not included as searchable text.

At this point the only thing I can think to do is create another column on the subitem that somehow grabs the value of the the supplier name from the connected board column and converts that so a searchable string. This would not be ideal, particularly because hiding columns in subitems is not currently supported.

Is this my best shot though, or are there other possible solutions?

Thanks!

Hey @NovelNexus! Just wanted to touch base here and see if you were able to find a good solution for this! If not, please feel free to send us a message at support@monday.com and we’d be happy to help with this! :blush: