Formula Column to Assign Numeric Values

Hi,

We’re using monday as a CRM and as we grow the number of leads in our system, we need a way to prioritize them. I want to use the formula column to build a lead scoring system.

For example one part of the lead scoring system might look like:
If the status = decision maker, then 5 points
If the status = likely decision maker, then 4 points
If the status = Not a decision maker, but an influencer, then 3 points
If the status = Unlikely to be a decision maker, then 2 points
If the status = Not a decision maker, then 1 point

How can I assign a numeric value in the formula column that changes depending on what the status is marked as?

Then I could easily sort the board based on the cumulative lead score and make sure I’m spending my time correctly.

3 Likes

Hi Patrick, thanks for writing in!

You can use the IF formula to build the scoring system, try this one:

IF({Research}=“Decision maker”,“5 points”,IF({Research}=“likely decision maker”,“4 points”,IF({Research}=“Not a decision maker but an influencer”,“3 points”,IF({Research}=“unlikely”,“2 points”,IF({Research}=“not a decision maker”,“1 point”,“3 points”)))))

It should look like this:

7 Likes

Thanks so much for your help @Noa-monday.com!

I really appreciate you figuring that out!

I’m getting an error in my formula. Below is the formula I used.

IF({DM}=“Yes”,“5 points”,IF({DM}=“Likely / Influencer”,“4 points”,IF({DM}=“No, but Influencer”,“3 points”,IF({DM}=“Unknown”,“2 points”,IF({DM}=“Unlikely”,“2 points”,IF({DM}=“No”,“1 point”,“3 points”)))))

This is what the column looks like on my board. Does this search by the name of the status, or should I be using the column IDs from the API?

Hey @Patrick,

It looks like you’re missing a final closed bracket at the end of the formula, can you let me know if that works?

If not, if you can send over a screenshot of the full board and the error you’re receiving?

Best,
Rebecca