Generate Google Docs

I need to generate Google Docs from Monday.com via an integration. Monday’s integration with Zapier, Integromat, etc. is no good. I’d like to be able to populate a Google Doc with column data from my Monday boards; this would require similar functionality to the Gmail integration.

I need this automate my content production system for content marketing.

Hi @Simonga25 - Take a look at the DocuGen app in the Marketplace: https://monday.com/marketplace/12

1 Like

@Simonga25

DocuGen is a good plug and play option, though they recently stopped supporting Google Docs for some reason. To their credit, they have excellent customer service, and if you’re okay with using Word instead, it could be a good option.

I struggled with Zapier for a while, and was pretty disappointed. Integromat on the other hand has been amazing! There’s a bit of a learning curve, but once you get the hang of it, you can make it do almost anything.

There’s a really easy Google Docs module that can generate docs from templates, filling in variables with content from Monday. I suggest using “Webhooks” as your trigger, which will shoot your item ID to Integromat, then use a Monday module to get the item, then use that Google Docs module to create a new doc mapping whatever content you want from Monday.

Hope this helps :smiley:

1 Like

@Simonga25 @PolishedGeek It’s been a while, but I haven’t forgotten!
I got a solution for you to generate Google Doc using DocuGen in 3 easy steps with the help of Zapier:

Small tweak: you need to make sure the Zapier settings are set to convert the Word doc to Google Doc format.

Let me know if it works!