Going in the right direction?

New user, looking for opinions if I’m going in the right direction. I run a real estate photo & video production company. I have a couple of contractors that work with me, who perform a variety of tasks. I currently use a spreadsheet for task management, and want to move to Monday. I’ve laid it out so that I have an ‘In Progress’ group; this group contains individual Pulses that indicate property address, client name, and a number of columns with specific tasks that I can assign to my contractors. When everything is marked ‘Done’, the pulse gets moved to the Completed group.

Am I going in the right direction with this, or should I be laying things out differently?

I’m also pretty new but that’s also the way I am approaching similar tasks. One automation I add is once the item is moved into “completed” if for some reason you need to change one of the “done” statuses, then the item is moved back to “in progress”

You’ve got the right idea. As you keep working with your board you’ll build on it so consider this v1.0. I see an opportunity to make this a shareable board and get your vendors set up as guests. Perhaps a “vendor assigned” people column next to each task and change your status columns to represent status of the vendor’s work. Add in a date column and set to deadline and you can set some accountability for your vendors. Keep experimenting and keep us posted on your changes.

Laz

1 Like

Hey @schmalan, thanks for posting! This looks good to me :slight_smile:

My only ideas (which are just ideas because you know best how you work) would be removing the Long Text column, as it doesn’t look like you’re using it, and perhaps adding one or two more people columns to correspond to people’s different tasks (although the status column that you have will also do that).

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.