Have a new copy of a board for each day

We manage a group of couriers and use Monday.com to give the couriers their runs. Each car has its own board, and it’s the only board they can see from their mobile app. The first group is for static information such as asking Is the car due for a service? Each other group is a courier run, usually 2 or 3 runs per day.
At the end of the day, we export the board to Excel to keep a copy locally and for ease of finding out historic information. We then archive all Run groups, but not the first info group.
In the morning, template runs/groups are copied and then moved from our template boards into the car’s board.

I would love to have a board that had new instances for each day. Much like looking at a single day view in a calendar, with previous and next buttons and the ability to jump to a specific date. We could set the template for each new day so that when we go to tomorrow, the runs/groups are already there.

Does anyone know of a way to achieve this with apps or integrations?

Hello @TPCouriers,
You can use the Duplicates and Uniques app to achieve this. Actually, we had a client who had a similar use case and the app proved to be useful and solving it. Basically, you can create a template that will copy from the template board to your desired board and run that as a scheduled integration. So everyday, the board will have fresh data copied over from the template board. The copy functionality is very flexible and allows you to choose the column or column values you would like to copy over.
Here is a fairly comprehensive video of Copy in action. Here is another one.

You can find more about the app in the community post here.

Should you have any question, you can always reach out support@kolaai.com

1 Like

Hey @TPCouriers :wave:

It looks like there’s a great suggestion from @kolaai if you are interested in using one of our Marketplace Apps to achieve this!

If you’re looking for an internal monday.com solution, while you would not be able to have the groups be renamed automatically, you can create a recurring automation to create a new group every day by following the steps in this article: How To Create Recurring Tasks

Otherwise, if you are comfortable coding or have access to any developers, you can build your own automation to achieve this using our API:

If you need additional support on our APIs or apps platform, I would recommend doing a search for your question in our developer community here. You can also post to the community to get help from other monday.com developers.

If you need help building custom integrations, we also have an option for paid assistance through our network of certified monday.com partners. If this interests you, simply fill out this form and someone will be in touch shortly!

I hope this helps! Remember to mark as solved if this answers your question :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Jenna

Thank you @kolaai and @jennap, this is very helpful for automating the processes we already do daily. Ideally though, I would love to remove the need to do any of it, automated or not, with the daily board functionality I described - having a whole new board for each day, with forward and back buttons, much like a daily calendar. I realize that it was a long shot that it already existed in some way, but I can imagine many businesses would be able to make use of such a feature. I assume there’s a feature request section of these forums, perhaps I should suggest it in there?