Hiring An Expert - Making email correspondence on Monday PRIVATE

Hi There,

My company runs most of our sales/outreach through Monday.com, using the Monday.com email integrations so that our email chains are recorded within our Monday.com account. However, these email chains are viewable to everyone subscribed to the board that the items are tied too. We’d like to make these email chains private to JUST the sender and the recipient, but do not know how to go about this.

If you have any insight into this topic I’d greatly appreciate any and all bits of knowledge!

-Isaac

1 Like

Hey there @iogle and thanks for checking in with the community forums!

My suggestion would be to go to the settings within Email & Activities and select “Default Sharing”. Once there it will allow you to select “everyone” or “just me”. Selecting “just me” would be my first suggestion to try and lock things down. If you need further assistance however, you can schedule some time with me here: Consultation - Ricky

Good luck!

Best regards,

Ricky Tomer

VP of Sales
Carbon Web Print, LLC
Schedule Consultation | Website
Phone: 440-462-7743 | Email : ricky@carbonweb.co

Hi Ogle,

This can be possible only in a way you can get the two people column for both sender and receiver and then you can go for the item level permission feature in monday which is only available for enterprise version of the application.

You can connect to discuss your requirements in detail and I will be more than happy to help you out in achieving the workflow you are looking for.

Regards,

Aquib Zafar

aquibcs@outlook.com

1 Like

Hey Aquib!

Thanks so much for this information - just keeping this on the public thread in case others have a similar question. Would changing the permission for the item make it so that only one person could see the item and it’s updates? We’re in a position where we would like everyone to be able to see the item, but the email correspondence is what’s private.

Thanks!

Hey Ricky, thanks for getting back to me!

Could you point me in the direction of where I could find the “Email and Activities” tab? I’ve never heard of that before on Monday

Thanks!

Hey @iogle based on your original post I assumed you were using the native Emails & Activities function. However to install it you will need to open the item to reveal the updates. In the top right hand corner there should be a plus (+) sign that allows you to add additional item views like Emails & Activities.

There’s a lot of customization with email signatures, templates, and some other cool features all native to monday. Check it out!

Hi @iogle ,

If you put that permission in place, It will restrict only to the persons assigned in people column of that line item.

For viewing all the items but not the emails then i would like to know the complete use case in a bit more detail and suggest you the solution accordingly.

Also, please confirm both sender and receiver are there on the monday account?

Regards,
Aquib Zafar

Hello!

Feel free to reach out monday com experts at Damco Solutions. With years of experience, our experts can help you perform sales or email outreach processes for your clients through monday com.

By integrating monday.com with popular email platforms like Outlook and Gmail, our experts can help your sales team to send and receive emails directly from the monday com platform. The developers can also help your business by syncing multiple email inboxes, setting up email chain recording, configuring the email chain view preferences, and customizing email signatures based on your requirements.

Regards
Neelam B
Damco Solutions
Phone: +1 609 632 0350 | Email : info@damcogroup.com