How do I update my project content using Zapier or Integromat

As the title asks, when I create a new item in Airtable and sync the item on Monday via Zapier on the Monday board, then I need to update the column in Airtable later on, how can I get the item corresponding to Monday to update the column value?

My question:
① I can only update column values for one project on Zapier, but I may have many projects that need to update column values, and Zapier can only automate for one project. Do I need to set up an automated process for each project?

② Can I use Integromat to update column values for different items, and if so, what should I do? I haven’t used Integromat before, so I don’t know how to set up an automated process in Integromat.

Hi @Chris_Liang!

To summarize (and please correct me if I’m misunderstanding), what you’d like to do is create a two-way sync between your monday.com items and your Airtable items, is that right?

If so, I would definitely recommend utilizing something like Integromat instead of Zapier, as this would give you a lot more flexibility in building this out.

In any case, what you’d be looking to do is to create a “module” in Integromat that can listen for changes made to both your Airtable table, as well as this monday.com board. Once it detects a change, it can then make the appropriate update in the other platform.

Check it out and let me know if you run into any trouble!

-Helen

1 Like

Hi @Helen ! I am very glad to receive your reply!

I read a lot of the theme posts in the Monday community and learned about Integration from other users. Unfortunately, I encountered a lot of obstacles in using Integration. Even though I don’t use Integration, I can see how powerful it is.

Integration, however, is much more difficult than Zapier, and I don’t have much experience editing its automated flow!

So if there’s a more detailed tutorial on Integration, I’d love to go into it.

Thank you very much!

1 Like

Hi @Chris_Liang!

Ahh yes, I can definitely understand that.

If you’re curious, here is our monday.com guide on using Integromat: How to create an automation or integration with Integromat.

I think this could be a great starting place for you! Of course, also lean on our community posts, and email into appsupport@monday.com with all of your questions.

-Helen

Hey there @Chris_Liang :slightly_smiling_face: :wave:

I was very curious to see how to solve this issue so I discussed it with a colleague of mine who actually made a video explaining the whole thing in meticulous detail.

If you don’t already have it, you’re going to need to create an Integromat account for this, of course :slightly_smiling_face:

Check out the video here:

This is amazing @Michaela_Staffova!

Thank you for sharing with our community.

-Helen

Hey @Helen :slightly_smiling_face:

I was more than happy to, my pleasure :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.